Not able to monitor Chapel Hill Police
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not able to monitor Chapel Hill Police

Not able to monitor Chapel Hill Police 18 Aug 2015 13:37 #15567

• nyrxman
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I live in Durham NC and have had my HP-1 for more than two years. I update weekly or bi weekly, and I am constantly navigating Radio Reference for changes in my area (primarily Orange and Durham Counties). I primarily listen to Durham frequencies on the city's P25 channels. It works like a charm with excellent reception. I have also programmed VIPER channels for this area (Durham and Orange Counties) and the appropriate "tower" frequencies. Whatever channels are actually being used all are received just fine. But one thing has me puzzled and I'm hoping someone from this area of NC using HP-1 or HP-2 and Sentinel can help.

I live in South Durham on the border of Chapel Hill. So I naturally want to monitor the Chapel Hill frequencies as well as Durham. And while I have no problem receiving Chapel Hill Fire over the VIPER Statewide P25 system, I cannot seem to get the Chapel Hill Police Department no matter what I do. I tried to adjust my favorites list and even programmed CH Police "regular frequencies" ( e.g. 400mghz as published on Radio Reference) as well as adding the frequencies published under VIPER (including the "towers" from which Chapel Hill presumably broadcasts their channels.) Still no luck.

Does anyone know, or can anyone hypothesize, what I might be doing wrong? The only thing I came up with is that the Chapel Hill police frequencies might be scrambled, but then I thought I would likely hear "garbage." Radio Reference does not mention anything special about Chapel Hill Police frequencies. It has really frustrated me that I can't receive CH police. I sure hope someone can shed some light on the situation.

Thanks in advance
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds