HomePatrol won't work in Wayne County NC
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: HomePatrol won't work in Wayne County NC

HomePatrol won't work in Wayne County NC 06 Apr 2011 22:44 #5567

• GaryTK
  • ( Visitor )
Wayne County North Carolina has gone from Analog to Digital.The Frequencies have remained the same, 155.580 , 154.785 etc., but gone from Analog to Digital.I completely wiped out the Memory on my Home patrol Radio and started all over again, and reloaded the Home Patrol Sentinel on my Dell 6000 Inspiron Laptop Computer, then onto my Uniden Home patrol.Yet it will not program my Radio for the new Digital Frequencies.It continues to indicate that the Frequencies are Analog, which they are not.So what do I need to do now ? I have thoroughly read and followed all directions.Has anyone had any luck with the Home Patrol here in Wayne County North Carolina ? :S

Re:HomePatrol won't work in Wayne County NC 07 Apr 2011 01:56 #5568

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
According to the WIKI, the Wayne County Emergency Services APCO-P25 system was "anticipated to go online on 4-April 2011". It'll take at least a full week for the update cycle to bring any new data into the Uniden copy of the Home Patrol's database. That is - it'll take till at least the Monday following the updated RR data (which is user-contributed) to get mirrored to the Uniden copy that Sentinel uses.

Assuming someone even knows what's changed, it'll probably be a while (at least till next Monday) before you see anything. The system people don't inform the public of what they're doing. It's up to users to discover the changes and submit them to RadioReference for inclusion in the database. That's not instant either - it takes a while before a database administrator gets to the submission(s) and enters them into the database.

Gonna be a bit quiet in HP-1 land till the new data propagates down to the scanners.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re:HomePatrol won't work in Wayne County NC 07 Apr 2011 08:51 #5569

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
If you have confirmed information on specific channels, report the information by clicking "SUBMIT" on the left side of http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1982.
Last Edit: 07 Apr 2011 08:51 by UPMan.

Re: HomePatrol won't work in Wayne County NC 08 Jan 2015 06:16 #14825

• turtle
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm a new user with the HP and can't seem to get it to work in Wayne Co. I get Lenoir and some from the base (SJAFB) but no sherriff. Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: HomePatrol won't work in Wayne County NC 08 Jan 2015 13:41 #14827

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Well then I would guess that the system has been changed since the original info in the RR database was posted. And apparently nobody has discovered the changes and updated RadioReference.com with the new stuff. Unfortunately, that's the way it works - the RR database is USER-CONTRIBUTED. So somebody has to discover what's where and who's who in Wayne County and SUBMIT that info to RadioReference before your database-driven scanner will have the updated data.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds