OSP and MARCS - scan speed?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: OSP and MARCS - scan speed?

OSP and MARCS - scan speed? 27 Dec 2012 15:51 #10680

• Kascinoh
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
New owner of HP-1, and I am trying to "optimize" my MARCS/OSP listening experience. Right now, I have OSP posts 12 (Springfield), 83 (Lebanon), 57 (Montgomery/Darke/Preble/Greene) in a fav. list. I selected in Sentinel only the Primary channels "Law Disp" for these posts, yet, I see it also loads ALL of the tower sites for the entire state (?) creating a boatload of channels to scan, resulting in a quite slow scan speed for MARCS. I am not sure why Sentinel loads a tower site in Toledo when I'm attempting to monitor Lebanon Post 83....

I am going to assume I can delete tower sites that are not anywhere near me? I am going to assume this will also speed up the scan speed for MARCS?

Anyone have any pointers/tips?

Thanks in advance!
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2012 15:53 by Kascinoh. Reason: changed "OPS" to "OSP" i cant tipe...

Re: OSP and MARCS - scan speed? 27 Dec 2012 21:32 #10686

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
You got it. Personally, I hate the way it loads EVERY site in the state. I have several favorites that have one or a group of counties, takes forever to delete the ones you do not want. I need to check back and forth between RR MARC listing to verify sites by county www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=901 .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds