Reloaded Sentinel. MARCS tower site won't program.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reloaded Sentinel. MARCS tower site won't program.

Reloaded Sentinel. MARCS tower site won't program. 21 Jun 2016 00:06 #16724

• philhp1
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Downloaded a new Sentinel. Started building a new favorites list. No problems. Got down to loading MARCS. Various agencies no problem. Got to the tower locations I wanted and they will not add to favorites lists. Highlight them and or the actual frequencies .......but there is no update favorites option available. What am I doing wrong? I didn't have this problem with my original version of Sentinel. Windows forced me into replacing it with a new version. Thanks, Phil.

Re: Reloaded Sentinel. MARCS tower site won't program. 21 Jun 2016 12:52 #16726

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Do you mean MARCS or MARCS-IP. Most of MARCS has migrated to IP and many of the tower sites have already been removed.

Unless you are in NE Ohio - not much left. Even the site that are still in the system have no traffic (or very little).

If you mean IP - no issue for me.

Also - I don't think append or however you are trying to add sites works. Append ANY system and it will add ALL the sites in the system, then delete or avoid the ones you do not need. It has always worked that way in every version of Sentinel - been using it since the HP1 was first sold. I bough one of the first batch at Universal and now have 3.
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2016 12:55 by Ohio-user.

Re: Reloaded Sentinel. MARCS tower site won't program. 21 Jun 2016 16:41 #16727

• philhp1
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the reply. I admit to not understanding how MARCS works. I've tried to find a beginner's page without any success. They never discuss the basic stuff. I figured I'd load both MARCS and ip to be safe. Why are there no towers on ip? ??????? What are the vehicles communicating with.???? I always picked the local towers and appended them to the favorites list. This can no longer be done. However, they are all still on the R.R. data base. There are so many things that make no sense to me. For instance, if I pick a 10 mile limit and my zip, , sentinel still loads West Va on a full data base load. So if I understand you, on ip, load an agency and no tower programming is required. This all began because I lost the OSP conversations about a week ago. Thanks again.. Phil in Portsmouth.

Re: Reloaded Sentinel. MARCS tower site won't program. 22 Jun 2016 13:22 #16728

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
philhp1 wrote:
Thank you for the reply. I admit to not understanding how MARCS works. I've tried to find a beginner's page without any success. They never discuss the basic stuff. I figured I'd load both MARCS and ip to be safe. Why are there no towers on ip? ??????? What are the vehicles communicating with.???? I always picked the local towers and appended them to the favorites list. This can no longer be done. However, they are all still on the R.R. data base. There are so many things that make no sense to me. For instance, if I pick a 10 mile limit and my zip, , sentinel still loads West Va on a full data base load. So if I understand you, on ip, load an agency and no tower programming is required. This all began because I lost the OSP conversations about a week ago. Thanks again.. Phil in Portsmouth.

Not much - if anything on MARCS, it's all on IP. Still say you are mistaken as too appending a site.

On IP - there are PLENTY of sites :) Same as MARCS - most are the MARCS sites, though there may be a few new ones or named different.

Reason it loads W Va is some of the entries will fall within your range setting - statewide W VA may have a range of 200 miles or so. Even does it here in Zanesville, plus some VA stuff as well.

Quick thing to learn is to use in Sentinel - edit , add on range, enter your zipcode and service types. Then delete AS NEEDED :)

Re: Reloaded Sentinel. MARCS tower site won't program. 22 Jun 2016 17:20 #16731

• philhp1
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
All is well, thanks. Updated Sentinel data base. Saw all the towers now associated with MARCS IP. Went down the list using delete then enter on my keyboard leaving the 12 in my neck of the woods. Got the OSP back and their SRT which comes here a lot. Haha.

Re: Reloaded Sentinel. MARCS tower site won't program. 22 Jun 2016 17:31 #16732

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
12 sites might slow the scanning a bit. I usually stick to 1 or 2.

All SRT I ever "see" is encrypted. I run into Pro96comm to analyze Marcs 24/7.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds