gallipolis pd info
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: gallipolis pd info

gallipolis pd info 31 Dec 2010 09:24 #4201

• marcs313
  • ( Visitor )
thanks for the info.i will look into these forums.i do have another question though.would the arcpatrol software be a good investment?

Re:gallipolis pd info 31 Dec 2010 13:02 #4204

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
I use the ARC software from Butel to program all my Uniden scanners starting with my 780 a few years ago. Then I bought ARC 250 which covered my 250 and my 796. When i added a 996T to my radio set up I got that ARC program. Finally now that my 996T is in my auto and a 996XT in the office I got ARC-XT. When Butel commented on a yahoo group in early October the would probably NOT develop a package for the HP I was disappointed and bought the ScanCat LITE, the only 3rd party software then available to add stuff to the HP that was not contained in the RR.com database.

After a while, Butel relented and brought out ARC Patrol (at first in beta. I bought it immediately, sight unseen, because i was comfortable with their software and the Scan Cat LITE was kludgy and never worked correctly for me.

Wow. What a smart choice that was on my part! It is about the least expensive of all the ARC programs, has allowed me to tailor by FAVE lists, add some special channels, and edit the LABELs that describe the channels just the way I want them. IMHO it is well worth the modest cost.

Again, since all the 'scanner gurus' including Gommert of Butel, were invited to the 'developers conference' in Dallas/Ft Worth earlier in 2010 to see the HP-1 demonstrated before it was released to the public, it is too bad UNIDEN didn't make a 'deal' with Butel then...they obviously made a "deal" with rr.com to mirror the database.

Shorter anwer, sure the cost is trivial compared to the extra fun it adds to the HP-1. Go a head and get the software.

LEP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds