MARCS
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: MARCS

MARCS 03 Jul 2012 15:04 #9724

• Becky91366
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi! I just got my HomePatrol 1 and am having programming issues. I only seem to pick up OSHP on MARCS. How do I program the unit to be able to hear Toledo and Sylvania City?
Thanks!
Becky

Re: MARCS 03 Jul 2012 16:26 #9725

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
If you mean the Toledo and Sylvania Fire and Police departments, they are not on MARCS (from what I can tell from looking at the database). They appear to be on this system: www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4239

Re: MARCS 03 Jul 2012 16:47 #9726

• Becky91366
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
You are very correct! :) I guess I am on new info overload. But now that that is straight; how do I narrow down which departments on the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System that I WANT to listen to?

Re: MARCS 03 Jul 2012 16:58 #9727

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
If you are using a favorite (highly suggested) just use Sentinel to delete those not needed.

Otherwise - do an avoid for ea. one not needed in the HP.

If you are using at a fixed location - favorites is the way to go. Example. I have one created for each nearby county, for HAM Freq. and Power Outages - it is on now, has local utilities and other "oddball" that I never routinely listen to.

For help on Favorites search as there are many topics. You can also scan multiple favorite lists as needed.

Nice thing - you can quickly start using it, narrow down using the radio w/ avoids, turn that into a favorite THEN as you learn more, create favorites that do just what you want.

Re: MARCS 09 Jul 2012 03:33 #9772

• Elton
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Could you explain to we newbies how to do that please...

Re: MARCS 09 Jul 2012 11:07 #9775

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Which part? Do you know how to create a favorite?
Do you know how to select and scan multiple favorites?
As ia said previously " For help on Favorites search as there are many topics"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds