HELP - Can't hear OHP
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: HELP - Can't hear OHP

HELP - Can't hear OHP 16 Dec 2010 12:06 #3720

• CHIPFXR
  • ( Visitor )
Just received my HP-1 a couple of days ago and having a problem that I can't seem to get figured out!

Can not hear Oklahoma Highway Patrol trunked analog broadcasts in the OKC area. Downloaded latest firmware(1.02) and have
new 12/12/2010 database loaded. Have no problems hearing these transmissions on other scanners. The talk groups are listed
in the SENTINEL software under "State of Oklahoma DPS /City of Tulsa". Any ideas of what I might check to receive these transmissions?
Have set RANGE from 5 to 30 miles without having any luck receiving. Able to receive other departments and channels without any problem .

Re:HELP - Can't hear OHP 16 Dec 2010 13:19 #3726

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
First, confirm you've actually written the latest database to HP-1 (MENU --> Advanced Menu --> Version Information). Then, give a zip code you are using so that conditions can be somewhat duplicated.

Re:HELP - Can't hear OHP 16 Dec 2010 14:26 #3730

• CHIPFXR
  • ( Visitor )
I have written the latest database back to the HP-1. I am using ZIP Code: 73071. I am in Norman, Oklahoma.
Version Information on HP-1 shows as : 12/12/2010. Thanks for your reply.

The transmissions that I can't receive are listed in the HPDB as follows:

USA
OKLAHOMA
CLEVELAND
STATEWIDE
STATE OF OKLAHOMA DPS / CITY OF TULSA

OKLAHOMA HIGHWAY PATROL -- TROOP A (OKLAHOMA CITY)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Last Edit: 16 Dec 2010 18:21 by . Reason: Giving more information

Re:HELP - Can't hear OHP 17 Dec 2010 16:47 #3750

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Looks like whoever set up the original location information for the OHP didn't refer to a troop map. Each troop area was defined with a 25 mile radius (much smaller than actual).

Good news is that fast2okc has been busy this week making updates to that system, and the location information currently in RRDB (added on Monday) looks to be much more accurate. I've already scheduled a special update for HPDB to run tonight. Run a dB update after 9:00 am tomorrow morning.

For this evening, if you manually move the desired Troop A channels to a Favorites list and set the list to not use location control, the channels should be scanned.

Re:HELP - Can't hear OHP 17 Dec 2010 21:36 #3761

• CHIPFXR
  • ( Visitor )
Thanks very much. I will do a DB update tomorrow morning. Really appreciate your attention to this problem.

Re:HELP - Can't hear OHP 18 Dec 2010 19:58 #3812

• CHIPFXR
  • ( Visitor )
Tried to access Sentinel software this afternoon to do the UPDATE and this is what I got:

"Database could not be read.
HomePatrol Sentinel Installation might be corrupted.
Please Reinstall HomePatrol Sentinel."

Tried reinstalling several times btoh from HP-1 and download from HOMEPATROL site.
No luck...same results!

? ? ?

Now what do I do?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds