data base new channels
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: data base new channels

data base new channels 01 Dec 2014 19:34 #14577

• 7drummer
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I rec'd my home patrol II. I programmed it. it looks like the data base has the old channels/freqs. how does the base get updated? I am in Schuylkill county pa. 17901. the county went to the Motorola P25 system. a few ems & fire are still on the old system which I am picking up, but the local police depts. have switched to the new system which I am not picking up. what to do? also how do I enable the discovery mode? thanks RSK

Re: data base new channels 01 Dec 2014 20:15 #14578

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
7drummer wrote:
. how does the base get updated?

From the help files in your Sentinel software:

Update Databases:

Open Sentinel. Select Update/Update HPDB Databases or select the Update Master HPDB icon ( Update HPDB ).
Sentinel updates the HomePatrol database in stages. When the update is complete, Sentinel displays a completion screen. Click OK.
NOTE: Update time varies. The update could take as long as 5 minutes depending on network speed and PC performance.

You must then "write" to the Home Patrol to transfer the updates to the scanner.

7drummer wrote:
also how do I enable the discovery mode? thanks RSK

Did you purchase the Extreme Upgrade?

Last Edit: 01 Dec 2014 20:33 by vroderick.

Re: data base new channels 01 Dec 2014 20:47 #14579

• 7drummer
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks for the info, no I did not buy the upgrade. rumors are that the new system is encrypted. if so the hp 2 won't rec. the new channels?

Re: data base new channels 01 Dec 2014 21:04 #14580

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
7drummer wrote:
thanks for the info, no I did not buy the upgrade. rumors are that the new system is encrypted. if so the hp 2 won't rec. the new channels?

Correct... There is no scanner on the market that can monitor encrypted communications, it is illegal to do so.

Re: data base new channels 02 Dec 2014 22:11 #14589

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
No channels have been identified on the Schuylkill system at this time. Once a channel has been identified and added to the database at RadioReference, this system will come into the HomePatrol database with the next weekly update.

Re: data base new channels 13 Sep 2017 01:21 #18101

• mighty_mace
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry for bringing up a REALLY old thread for my first post...but I'm also in Schuylkill County, PA and am looking to either pick up a Homepatrol 1 or 2. Will either pick up anything for my area? Very new to radio but looking to learn as much as I can.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds