Data base issue
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Data base issue

Data base issue 21 Oct 2010 16:01 #2114

• sportbiker
  • ( Visitor )
Hello,
I am having problems with getting frequencies for my area. I live in Montgomery County. My local zip code is 19454. I have a hand held scanner with all my local police and fire and EMS programmed in it. While having both scanners turned on together I hear more info from my hand held than the homepatrol scanner. Can you look into updating my homeptrol data base so I can hear all my services in my zip code of 19454 and surrounding areas?

Re:Data base issue 21 Oct 2010 19:11 #2124

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
The systems, both conventional and trunked are in the DB. See here for suggestions that may help: homepatrol.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=13&func=view&catid=110&id=&id=1837&catid=110

John

Re:Data base issue 30 Oct 2010 16:32 #2548

• sportbiker
  • ( Visitor )
thanks for the info. i have set the squelch at different settings and i have done the same thing with the range. i still feel i am missing lots of action. like state police and the PA Turnpike i am not getting any of these. i am also missing some other police and fire frequencies.

Re:Data base issue 31 Oct 2010 02:32 #2570

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
You may not get PSP as they they are switching to a ProVoice system and you can't monitor it without some additional software and computer connections and so forth. Look at radioreference.com and Trunking Decoders forum and DSD which is used to for ProVoice to decode it. As for your other issues recheck the other items I suggested in the first post.

Re:Data base issue 31 Oct 2010 09:30 #2582

• sportbiker
  • ( Visitor )
thanks i went on the website and read some of the links on the DSD and provoice. where can i down load the DSD file and any other programs i would need to use on my computer to make this provoice work on my homepatrol scanner.

Re:Data base issue 31 Oct 2010 13:00 #2597

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
I don't know, check the links and so on, I haven't used it as there is no pro voice here, I just posted it for you so you would know there is a possibility.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds