Data base issue
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Data base issue

Re:Data base issue 31 Oct 2010 17:47 #2628

• sportbiker
  • ( Visitor )
ok thanks. i have not heard about pro voice before. i also went into the Data base on my home patrol after i did a new down load today and i can see all the frequencies there but on the scanner itself i do not think i am getting all frequencies in my area. it is like they are not loading to my zip code correctly.

Re:Data base issue 31 Oct 2010 18:00 #2632

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
You may have avoided those

Re:Data base issue 31 Oct 2010 18:06 #2633

• sportbiker
  • ( Visitor )
i have not hit the avoid on any of these. i also turn it off and turn it back on. i do not leave this on all day and night. i have the avoid feture set to do temp avoid. so it should clear it self when i turn it back on.

Re:Data base issue 31 Oct 2010 18:12 #2634

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Are the things your missing on the trunked system? I noticed a lot of PD stuff is encrypted, including Pottstown.... uh? Pottstown, now thats a joke, what, are they afraid the cruisers will hear them coming....I can't see them being encrypted, just not a hotbed of crime.

Re:Data base issue 31 Oct 2010 18:23 #2635

• sportbiker
  • ( Visitor )
i pick up all the frequencies just fine on my psr-500. i do not know of any engrypted areas near me. i also get lots of static on many frequencies. and i have a external amplified speaker in my car from radio shack. when i plug the homepatrol into it the scanner is not that loud. i think it is louder not using the external speaker. i am about to just wire it into my car stereo system. but then i cannot listen to music.

Re:Data base issue 31 Oct 2010 18:30 #2636

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Ok, the static is most likely from the cars electrical system, radio shack has things to fix that. And you need a powered speaker to get more volume out of an external speaker.
I have found though if you mount the HP-1 right you don't need any speaker. I usually have 4 scanners in the car and the HP-1 is aimed in a way it's louder than any of them and has to be turned down some even with the window open and a loud exhaust.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds