static on freguency
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: static on freguency

static on freguency 22 Oct 2010 08:26 #2171

• sportbiker
  • ( Visitor )
I noticed on some trunked frequencies they do not come in clear. on my hand held the trunked groups come in perfectly clear. i also noticed there is not way to control the delay time. ok i have called Uniden about this and they had me hit the reset button on the back side in the battery conpartment and i still get frequencies that do not come in clear and there is full signal strenght.
Last Edit: 30 Oct 2010 16:36 by .

Re: static on freguency 09 Jan 2012 00:35 #8481

• N1SAX
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
You more than likely are getting static that is coming in through your electrical, or computer or other items inside your building that you reside in, you could start by taking the scanner out from where you live to see if it goes away, then if you find out that was where it is coming from, you can start by shutting off one circuit at a time until that noise that is being generated goes away if you find out , that it's not , then call your local power company, if they do not want to work with you then you can start by using an old or new portable radio to track down the noise in your neighborhood, go out in different directions until you locate where the trouble is coming from, then to insure if it's from a crackd insulator try to get a heavy sledge hammer and wack the pole that is making the known noise in the receive of your scanner, after you wack the pole the noise should vary a bit to get the offending pole that is making all the noise , the power companies are supposed to take care of harmful interference, caused by their equipment!!!! Good luck in the hunting!!!
So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, How was the play?
It takes a Long time to Grow an old Friend.
You never get a second chance to make a First impression!

Re: static on freguency 09 Jan 2012 16:15 #8501

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Also, the delay settings are only available on channels in Favorites Lists (you cannot modify the Main dB, as it is overwritten with every weekly update).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds