Tennessee Advanced Communications Network
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tennessee Advanced Communications Network

Tennessee Advanced Communications Network 30 Mar 2015 01:40 #15208

• jbaker47
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I just purchased the Homepatrol 1 Scanner last weekend and have programmed my zip code into the scanner so I can monitor the cities of Maryville, Alcoa and Blount County. they changed to a trunked system a few months ago and my scanner will not pickup these frequencies. I have a friend that has a wrecker service and he has the same scanner and it programmed the Tennessee Advanced Communications Network when he bought his and he receives the aforementioned cities. what can I do to get my scanner to receive this network ?? the only reason I purchased the Homepatrol was because I like his and thought I'd be able to do the same. HELP !!!!

Re: Tennessee Advanced Communications Network 30 Mar 2015 02:22 #15209

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
jbaker47 wrote:
I just purchased the Homepatrol 1 Scanner last weekend and have programmed my zip code into the scanner so I can monitor the cities of Maryville, Alcoa and Blount County. they changed to a trunked system a few months ago and my scanner will not pickup these frequencies. I have a friend that has a wrecker service and he has the same scanner and it programmed the Tennessee Advanced Communications Network when he bought his and he receives the aforementioned cities. what can I do to get my scanner to receive this network ?? the only reason I purchased the Homepatrol was because I like his and thought I'd be able to do the same. HELP !!!!

Have you updated the database since you purchased the Home Patrol?

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?

Re: Tennessee Advanced Communications Network 30 Mar 2015 19:51 #15225

• jbaker47
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Firmware Version 2.05 Database Version 12/12/2011 Help Version 12/07/2011 ESN 36326-048004335-OFE also if i go into Sentinel, i can find the network i need, but its listed as off, could that be my problem ?? Sentinel possibly has it avoided ?? if so, how do i change it to on and download it to the HP database ??
Last Edit: 30 Mar 2015 19:57 by jbaker47. Reason: mispelling

Re: Tennessee Advanced Communications Network 30 Mar 2015 21:26 #15226

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
jbaker47 wrote:
Firmware Version 2.05 Database Version 12/12/2011 Help Version 12/07/2011 ESN 36326-048004335-OFE also if i go into Sentinel, i can find the network i need, but its listed as off, could that be my problem ?? Sentinel possibly has it avoided ?? if so, how do i change it to on and download it to the HP database ??

If the frequencies you want to listen to have changed in the last few months:
jbaker47 wrote:
they changed to a trunked system a few months ago and my scanner will not pickup these frequencies.

And your database in your scanner is dated 12/12/2011 (over 3 years out of date), naturally you are not going to be able to listen to them without updating your database. Even if your database in Sentinel is up to date, you need to "write" it to the scanner.... it's a 2 step process for database updates to get into the scanner.

Follow the instructions on page 6 in the users manual to update your database. (Database updates for the Home Patrol are provided once a week).

The following user(s) said Thank You: jbaker47

Re: Tennessee Advanced Communications Network 31 Mar 2015 00:43 #15227

• jbaker47
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you for your help. I did as you suggested, and I now know where I was messing up, I thought when you updated that it automatically was sent to HP, but with your help I realized that I had to tell it to write the update to HP. everything is working now and I am receiving the frequencies that I was wanting. many thanks for your help, I really appreciate your suggestions.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds