S Tx
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: S Tx

S Tx 22 Oct 2010 20:35 #2208

• races31
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Tx RACES Distrct Radio Officer N5VL newsman 40yrs
I'm really enjoying the HP here in Corpus Christi. I just need to add the ham repeaters here to the database. Traveled to Austin and just made a list of the six major zip codes aloing the route and it was a ball.

Re:S Tx 22 Oct 2010 20:58 #2210

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
It's even better with GPS as then you don't need to wory about zipcodes :)

John

Re:S Tx 15 Mar 2011 13:45 #5282

• dbrbjr
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Port Aransas (78373) emergency services (fire, ems, police) recently moved from conventional VHS radios to an 800 MHz trunked system. I believe (but do not know) that they now are on an EDACS Wide trunked system, chosen for interoperability with other area systems.

Does anyone know for sure what they are doing and how their system is set up? In other words, how can I listen to them, given that they are not yet in the Sentinel database (as of 3/11/11)?

I apologize if these are naive questions; but I am new to scanning, particularly with trunked systems.

Thanks!

Dennis

Re:S Tx 15 Mar 2011 13:48 #5283

• dbrbjr
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Correction: In my previous post, I wrote that Port Aransas freqs were not in the Sentinel database as of 3/11/11. That was a typo -- I mean to say, as of 3/13/11.

I apologize for the mistake.

Dennis

Re:S Tx 15 Mar 2011 23:10 #5296

• mass-man
  • ( Visitor )
A talkgroup for Port Aransas PD was added to the DB on 3-15! You probably have to wait until next Monday when the new DB is available to get into your HP! As Port A starts to show up on the EDACS system, their talkgroups will be added. It is done by scanner folks who listen and find the talkgroups...

Re:S Tx 15 Mar 2011 23:13 #5297

• mass-man
  • ( Visitor )
My apologies...it is a CHANNEL on the HP-1 not a talkgroup. In reality it is, and that is the four or five digit number displayed on the bottom right of the channel, but for HP-1 sake it is known as a channel.
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds