S Tx
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: S Tx

Re:S Tx 17 Apr 2011 14:17 #5678

• dbrbjr
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I apologize to all for my poor and incomplete description of the systems that I referred to in my posts yesterday. The "Port A" police department systems I asked about are in the little town of Port Aransas, Nueces County, Texas. They use an EDACS trunking system that is part of the overall Corpus Christi, Nueces County, Texas sysytem. The Port Aransas police had only 2 talkgroups until the past couple of days. I was doing great with my HP on those two talkgroups (or channels, in HP speak).

But they seem to have opened a new talkgroup, which they call "Event-1," within the past day or two. Our town, Port Aransas, is hosting a huge special event this weekend -- a large professional sandcastling tournament. I suspect that the Port Aransas police have opened up this new "channel" for working big special events here in our coastal town.

I checked yesterday; and the HP database still included the first 2 "channels," but not "Event-1." "Event-1" uses the same small set of physical 800 MHZ frequencies as do the police department's other 2 "channels."

Has anyone else heard them on "Event-1,", or otherwise confirmed my understanding of this situation? Can we expect the new Port Aransas police department talkgroup to appear in the database soon?

Thank you VERY much!

dbrbjr

dbrbjr

Re:S Tx 18 Apr 2011 14:32 #5682

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
There is a channel "TAC 1" that indicates in its description that it is used for events. However, if it is a new channel, then once someone determines what TGID it operates on and submits it to RadioReference, it will show up in the database.

Re:S Tx 05 May 2011 13:02 #5801

• dbrbjr
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I am enjoying my hp, listening to first two talkgroups of the Port Aransas, Nueces County, Texas, first responders. As noted in my previous posts, they seem to have used a new talkgroup (TGID unknown, but referred to as "Event-1") for a major event a couple of weekends ago.

They also have referred to an apparent 4th talkgroup (also, TGID unknown)recently, one that they refer to as "Fire-1."

And just today I heard several references that suggest that they may have opened a new EMS talkgroup (again with unknown TGID).

Finally, we seem to be missing pieces of conversations. Could that suggest the addition of another frequency -- one that is not yet in the database? Or, does it suggest an hp problem, or operator error on my part?

Any ideas?

Thanks, dbrbjr

Re:S Tx 05 May 2011 13:07 #5802

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Until the TGIDs become known (and are added to the database), not much can be done. Someone with a Pro series scanner (like BCD396XT, BC346XT, etc) might be able to determine the new TGIDs by monitoring system traffic in "Search" mode.

Missing conversations could be caused by many things...most notably if the HP-1 is off scanning other systems.

Re: S Tx 29 Jan 2012 04:10 #8813

• tpickett
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I live in Corpus Christi also. Very pleased with the performance. Would like to hear DPS broadcasts someday. I heard a Halo Flight inflight call two days ago. Never heard one before.

Re: S Tx 30 Jan 2012 01:58 #8819

• races31
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Tx RACES Distrct Radio Officer N5VL newsman 40yrs
I hear DPS all of the time. You should be hearing them.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds