ANYONE HAVE TEXAS DPS TO SHARE
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: ANYONE HAVE TEXAS DPS TO SHARE

Re: ANYONE HAVE TEXAS DPS TO SHARE 04 Mar 2013 20:24 #11252

• tpickett
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I wonder how you get DPS and I don't? I suppose I am fifteen miles from their local center. DPS shows up on the scanner, I lock it on that sometimes and never have heard anything.

Re: ANYONE HAVE TEXAS DPS TO SHARE 12 Jan 2014 22:55 #13129

• dcbrown
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I am thinking I saw something on RadioReference about Houston area being encrypted or on a type of system not readable by HP1.
Dave Brown, w5dcb
Arlington, Texas

Re: ANYONE HAVE TEXAS DPS TO SHARE 27 Jan 2014 23:38 #13221

• races31
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Tx RACES Distrct Radio Officer N5VL newsman 40yrs
I am in Corpus and travel to San Antonio and Austin often. I hear DPS at home and on the road all the way with no problems. That said, you will hear much more traffic if you lock in the system. With all the other traffic and DPS being "short and sweet" you usually are hearing something else when DPS is transmitting. I also hear DPS car-car via the San Pat node on the Costal Network.

Re: ANYONE HAVE TEXAS DPS TO SHARE 01 Feb 2014 17:40 #13236

• sgtech
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I am in Houston, I think I hear them more on the TX WARN p25 system channels which are simulcast with 155.465 for instance.
But much less than in years past, unless something is going on (pursuit, special ops etc.) Occasionally on Harris County or other SO channels also.

Re: ANYONE HAVE TEXAS DPS TO SHARE 01 Feb 2014 17:44 #13237

• sgtech
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Regarding encryption, that is negative for TXDPS as far as I know, unless you are talking about CLE or TX Rangers, etc.
Houston PD TAC chs are now encrypted, that may be what the previous post refers to.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds