Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 04 Dec 2010 18:44 #3446

• dhmann911
  • ( Visitor )
Yes it is nice to have a neighbor with the HP. I live down Rt 3 near the Orange County line. Don't feel bad, I'm not a computer expert either and I think I know just enough to get me in trouble. I have owned scanners all my life and have several now but the HP is a great one for my collection and it is very nice for those that don't want to deal with programming. Like you, I would recommend it to anyone. Again, I will double check and see what needs to be submitted to RR to fix the issue. Yes, I have been doing the commute for 16 years and it is just lovely...NOT.

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 04 Dec 2010 23:24 #3451

• dhmann911
  • ( Visitor )
1Tinscan, I submitted the info and frequency to RR so we will see what happens. Hopefully, I did everything correctly but if not I'm sure UPMAN will guide us in the right direction.

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 05 Dec 2010 00:08 #3452

• 1Tinscan
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks dhmann911! I appreciate you looking into this and between all of us, I'm sure that we will be hearing from the NPS very soon! I have a good friend who lives out your way and he works for the Spotsy Sheriff's Dept. Nice country out that way, but I'm afraid that it won't stay that way for long. I was born in Spotsy and lived off Gordon Road when it was considered "the sticks". I can't believe how developed it is now. The area that I grew up in, hunting and fishing, is nothing but subdivisions now. I live off Massaponax Church Road near Spotsy Courthouse. Again, thanks for your help in this matter and happy listening! :)

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 05 Dec 2010 11:03 #3463

• dhmann911
  • ( Visitor )
1Tinscan,
On your HP if you go to "select service types" and change it to "federal" then lock the National Park Service you can hear the Shenandoah National Park services/rangers now. As soon as the geotags that Mike fixed today on RR are downloaded, hopefully, tomorrow, you should be good to go with all the NPS freq including Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania on your next HP database update.

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 06 Dec 2010 11:06 #3486

• 1Tinscan
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks dhmann 911. I just got on the computer and now have to get to an appointment. Once I get home, I'm going to download the update and see what happens. Sure appreciate everything.

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 08 Dec 2010 00:06 #3539

• 1Tinscan
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
It was in the update...I see it, but have not heard it yet. Hopefully, I'll hear something from them before long.
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds