Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 31 Aug 2011 17:06 #7222

• dhmann911
  • ( Visitor )
Joe,

For what it's worth, I have had mine for about nine months now and I really like it. I have taken it on several trips and it works great and is nice not to have to program anything. It is certainly quick and convenient. You have plenty to listen to in the Spotsy area including the State Police and all the other state agencies on the STARS system along with the sheriff's department and the surrounding counties. I am currently active LE trying to make it to retirement like you guys. LoL!

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 31 Aug 2011 19:37 #7225

• jgmcbride
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Dave,

I sincerly appreciate your thoughts. i am in the process of selecting a vendor to purchase the product.

I have gotten quick a stir over at the yahoo group for this product. People over there are very passionate about the Home Patrol.

Retirement is good, but savor the time before you get to it, also.

Joe

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 01 Sep 2011 12:52 #7238

• 1Tinscan
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I live in Spotsy near the courthouse and I hear almost everything that I would want to hear, with the exception of Fredericksburg City PD. Their system is scrambled. However, the State Police come in like they are sitting next to me and Spotsy Sheriff's Dept. is also loud and clear. I also hear all of the local squads and fire departments very well. I would suggest reading these forums for some great information and things to think about. The rubber duckey antenna that comes with the unit is okay, but there are much better antennas out there to use with this unit. I also agree about the retirement thing. Don't get me wrong, it is wonderful...but as it has been said...the end of our journey is not as important as the road traveled to get there. I know that I didn't get that exactly right, but you get what I mean. I couldn't wait to reach retirement and I'm thankful that I have had a great three years since. The only thing is, lots of health issues to deal with and just be prepared to have some good hobbies and things to fill your time. Working part time, volunteering, hobbies...it can be a wonderful time of life! Although I am dealing with health issues, at least I know that I have the time to deal with them and don't have to worry about leave and that is good. Get the HomePatrol and enjoy...I love mine! :)

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 01 Sep 2011 13:45 #7239

• 1Tinscan
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
By the way...check out Scanner Masters on line...that is where I ordered my HomePatrol from. I was very happy with them as they have lots of options when ordering and one is they will set up a favorites list for you of your local area, going by your zip code. They did a great job and I use this list mainly. Sometimes, I like to listen to everything else, but I mainly enjoy my local area.

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 05 Mar 2012 19:42 #9147

• kg4vdz
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
the virginia stars system was messed up by uniden in the last firmware update you have to add the virginia stars system to a fav list channel by channel you want to hear in order to receive it this is the only work around i know of it was working fine on mine and others until we updated the firmware to ver 2.02 i hope uniden will come out with a firmware update that will fix this concern you can read about under home patrol help request topic (new bug holding on system v2.02

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 05 Mar 2012 20:19 #9150

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
jgmcbride wrote:
Retirement is good, but savor the time before you get to it, also.

Joe

Too late!!!!!
Rob, Phoenix, AZ since '40
Used nearly every day:
996T, HP-1 (E) (x3), 500, 600, and 800 (x2)
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds