Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 13 Nov 2010 18:05 #3053

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Looks to me like the sites are geotagged but the system and therefore the talkgroup categories are not geotagged.

I've geotagged the system and hopefully with the next update, you'll be good to go.

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 13 Nov 2010 19:38 #3056

• dhmann911
  • ( Visitor )
Thank you!

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 15 Nov 2010 21:17 #3125

• dhmann911
  • ( Visitor )
STARS is working great now, thanks!

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 04 Dec 2010 17:21 #3440

• 1Tinscan
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Hello! I'm also in the Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg area and just got my Homepatrol 1 a few days ago. I was just wondering if you are receiving any of the Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park transmissions from the NPS Rangers. I was a Protection Ranger in this area and on The Blue Ridge Parkway for several years, working law enforcement and fire fighting (as well as lots of other jobs) and I would love to hear what is going on the the parks. I live right next door to the Spotsylvania Park at the courthouse, but I am not hearing anything from them. How about you? Good to see someone else in the area. :)

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 04 Dec 2010 18:07 #3442

• dhmann911
  • ( Visitor )
Hello 1Tinscan! I am up in DC this evening but when I get back home tonight I will double check and let you know. I do pick them up fine on my 396T and my 500. With the HP it might need to be geotaged in the Radio Reference if it is not working. If that is the case it is not a big deal and we can fix it with RR and UPMAN so I will let you know. Also, do you have the latest database downloaded to the HP which should read 12/1/10?

Re:Not receiving STARS in the Fredericksburg area 04 Dec 2010 18:24 #3445

• 1Tinscan
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I updated yesterday and it is indeed dated 12/1/10. I had tried to update my Homepatrol a couple of days ago, but then realized after some reading, that I had not written it to my unit. I finally figured out how to do it correctly and it is up to date. I had written about not receiving the National Park Service on another part of the forum and Upman asked me for additional information, but it is all Greek to me as I am brand new to the scanning game! I have no idea what I am doing and that is why I bought the Homepatrol 1. So far, I have been able to figure out how to use it and I was proud that I downloaded the Sentinal software properly. I'm not the most computer literate guy in the world as I was forced into computers by my government job in the past...but I sure am glad now! Being retired, I love getting on the computer and most of my shopping is now via computer (bought my Homepatrol unit from Scannermasters). I love the Homepatrol 1! What a great idea by Uniden. I would recommend it to anyone. Anyway, it's great to have a scanning neighbor close by! I did that commute from 2000 until 2008 and it was HORRIBLE! All my best to you.
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds