National Park Service
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: National Park Service

Re:National Park Service 05 Dec 2010 12:46 #3465

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
One thing to mention, I don't think 166.3500Mhz was in the database and I didn't add it.

If somebody can fill in the missing information as per UPMan's post then I can add it in.
The topic has been locked.

Re:National Park Service 06 Dec 2010 09:37 #3481

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
The added information issued in this morning's HPDB update.

Re:National Park Service 06 Dec 2010 11:19 #3488

• 1Tinscan
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks to everyone for your support in this matter. I can't wait to download the update and see what happens. I have an appointment to get to now, but will work on it this evening. I don't understand the whole geotagging thing either, but I'm glad that there are those who do! Yes, Virginia has a strange shape to it, no doubt about it.

By the way, I showed the Homepatrol to a deputy friend of mine last night, and he loved it. He pulled out an old hand held unit with four channels and wondered if you can still buy crystals for them. I told him to forget about it and just get a Homepatrol as analog is almost a thing of the past. I still say that Uniden hit a home run with this one. Again, thanks to everyone. :laugh:

Re:National Park Service 08 Dec 2010 13:14 #3543

• 1Tinscan
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
:( I'm still not hearing the National Park Service. Mikeoxlong, I was just wondering...is a two mile radius enough for the Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park (FSNMP)? As I've said over and over, I'm new to this scanning thing, so very limited on my knowledge. I was a NPS Ranger in this area many years ago. I recall that we had a channel for a repeater and one for car to car. This park is very spread out, over many miles. From the city of Fredericksburg, through Spotsylvania County, through Chancellorsville, to the Wilderness (almost to Orange County), the FSNMP covers a lot of area. Nothing like the Blue Ridge Parkway, but still, very spread around. The other frequency that was listed that is not in the database, may be the car to car...just not sure. Anyway, I sure appreciate your help on this Mikeoxlong. I'm sure that there have been many changes since I was a Ranger back in the 1970's and 80's. Again, thanks for all the help.

Re:National Park Service 08 Dec 2010 13:39 #3546

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
The two mile radius seems to cover what's indicated as being the park on the map.

Even with a small radius, you should still be able to hear it. You could always widen out your range to make sure.

Unfortunately, there's not much else I can do until somebody figures out exactly what frequency is in use there.

I'm nowhere near the area so I'm unable to confirm it myself.

Re:National Park Service 08 Dec 2010 13:57 #3549

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Since this is a near-duplicate of another post in the Virginia forum, I'm going to close this thread, move it to the VA forum, and leave the other thread open for replies / continuing discussion. Having two open threads makes it confusing for those looking for the latest information.
Last Edit: 08 Dec 2010 13:58 by UPMan.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds