James Madison University conventional channel
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: James Madison University conventional channel

James Madison University conventional channel 02 Oct 2011 20:52 #7705

• c5corvette
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
How are conventional channels tagged for home patrol?

I am out of town this weekend for a Homecoming Football game and trying to listen to University PD.

I've set my range from everywhere between 1 and 30 mi. and still doesnt appear to be in rotation when I scan only LAW DISPATCH channels.

Is it possible this city (Harrisonburg) doesnt have any geo-tag data: www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2933 ???

Also, why when I set the range to 2 miles for Zip 22801, do I still get things that are in other counties (Green, Page, Augusta), states (West Virginia Federal VA Hosptial in Martinsburg) and half way across the state (Chesapeake Bay Bridge Police).

Re:James Madison University conventional channel 02 Oct 2011 21:32 #7706

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
At my own University PD the tag is "Law Dispatch", and as a State Agency, it's conventional frequencies are in the RR DB as an FCC liceneses issued to the State. It is also a 'subscriber' to the 800 MHz MOT smart zone operated by my county.

Just a guess, but since the campus you are asking about is also a State Agency it might follow the same model.

Re:James Madison University conventional channel 02 Oct 2011 21:50 #7707

• spec5
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
  • Pershing Professional
Try Schools in Agency as our two Universities are under schools. Just a thought. If you are talking about James Madison U then it is marked Law Dispatch in Demo. The second part of your post about Chesterfield and Augusta it appears they aren't conventional but are on the STARS system which is statewide as can be seen on the link you posted to the RR DB.
Pershing Professional
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2011 22:07 by spec5.

Re:James Madison University conventional channel 02 Oct 2011 22:10 #7708

• c5corvette
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
JMU is convetional channel listed in RR tagged as LAW DISPATCH. Doesnt look like its listed as state wide - so my question is why isnt HP-1 scanning it?

Second part of my question was why is is scanning other things that werent within range. Such as the two next counties over, etc?

Re:James Madison University conventional channel 02 Oct 2011 22:13 #7709

• spec5
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
  • Pershing Professional
As I noted in my previous post it's because they are on the Statewide system.
Pershing Professional

Re:James Madison University conventional channel 03 Oct 2011 06:41 #7710

• c5corvette
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
spec5 wrote:
As I noted in my previous post it's because they are on the Statewide system.

Look again, no they are not. None of the agencies I mentioned in my post are showing up on the HP-1 on the statewide system! They may be on the system, but that is not my inquiry.

For the JMU channels, they are no where listed as state wide, though the license is issued to the state. When I go to the Harrisonburg City page in RR, I can see JMU as an entry, but how do I see the geo-tag info for a conventional frequency listing? If I click down to the licence level I see transmitter locations etc that have lot/long coordiantes, but I don't think this is the same. Does anyone know exactly what I need to tell RRDB admins to do to fix this? There seems to be a lot of different fields in RRDB for geo info, some for site, some for system, some 'hidden', some 'legacy', some 'inherited', and many for licenese info. All too confusing.

For the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel system, it is listed in RR as being a state agency, but there are tons of others listed as a state agency that are not showing up in my rotation - so my question is twofold, a) how come some do and some dont; b) how specifically do I make submission to RR to correct the one showing up that shouldn't be?

None of this answers why when I set the range to 2 miles does it still insist on scanning Augusta County, Page County, and something federal in Martinsburg WV. Thoughts?

Lets go back to the original question in my post - "How are conventional channels tagged for home patrol?" - i.e. meaning how are conventional channels tagged for lat/long in the RRDB (or HPDB)???
Attachments:
Last Edit: 03 Oct 2011 09:25 by c5corvette.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds