starcom21?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: starcom21?

starcom21? 17 Sep 2018 01:16 #18458

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • WB9OJD w/ KA9UPI (deceased-my HP named for him)
It seems that Winnebago county sheriff might have gone to Starcom 21. Is this P25 type 2 digital or what? Who knows?
Duke, WB9OJD

Re: starcom21? 17 Sep 2018 16:10 #18459

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
STARCOM21 is the statewide system in Illinois. I'd doubt that a Wisconsin county would be on it.

RadioReference shows all Outagamie-Winnebago County Law Enforcement, Fire, Highway, etc moving (or already moved) to a Progect 25 Phase I system. See details at:

www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=3122

Re: starcom21? 17 Sep 2018 17:00 #18460

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
I found an article that says they went that way, same as Illinois. Just wondering why I cannot regularly hear the Sheriff Dispatch.
Supposedly another southern Wisconsin community went that way, too?? Advise if you know anything else. I used to have an officer living at the apartment community in Neenah with me, and he claimed it was handled (dispatching) by CELL PHONE??? I don't believe that. Another digital mode, maybe. Advise. Duke, WB9OJD

Re: starcom21? 07 Oct 2018 11:56 #18461

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Just found out what happened to Winnebago Cy. Sheiff: They are still Phase 1 as you said, but they have gone 100% encrypted,
hence you don't get to here the patrol division anymore. Another case where the general public is cut out from helping, even if they could!~
Really short cited, guys.
I gather other activity for Winnebago cy. is in the clear. I found out that I was confusing Winnebago Cy. in Illinois with the Starcom 21 comment.
This one's in Wisconsin, but the effect is the same.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds