Demo handle postal codes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Demo handle postal codes

Demo handle postal codes 25 Aug 2010 01:38 #211

• andygryc
  • ( Visitor )
I live in Ottawa, and it'd be great if I could see the demo show me what systems would be found here. I'm very close to the Quebec border, so it'd be finding things in both provinces. Any chance that'll be fixed, or will I just have to wait for the real deal?

Also, generally speaking, is the system the same whether you buy it in Canada or US, regarding legal frequencies, etc.? If I want a system that will work in both US and Canada--is the scanner identical, regardless of where you purchase it? Or would more frequencies be available to one vs. the other?

Re:Demo handle postal codes 09 Sep 2010 10:12 #263

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Our engineers are working on porting the code used in HomePatrol-1 to select channels over to a platform we can run to provide the selection on the web site. I'll announce when it is ready (keep your eye on the blogs).

Re:Demo handle postal codes 20 Dec 2010 00:08 #3885

• farley1
  • ( Visitor )
hey andygryc

i too am in ottawa, but i cant seem to get any local police traffic in my home patrol, lots of ambulance and the odd lanark opp but no local ottawa police force, how about you.also i am now using an anttena, i hae the dsc150, i just cant figure out if is worh ot or not, are u using more then just what came with it...thnks

thnks farlery1

Re:Demo handle postal codes 20 Dec 2010 06:07 #3887

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Ottawa Police Service use a proprietary modulation format that cannot be monitored by any scanner including the Home Patrol.

The only police stuff you'll get will be the OPP.

Re:Demo handle postal codes 22 Jan 2011 20:15 #4648

• CharmedOne
  • ( Visitor )
UPMan wrote:
Our engineers are working on porting the code used in HomePatrol-1 to select channels over to a platform we can run to provide the selection on the web site. I'll announce when it is ready (keep your eye on the blogs).

Has there been any progress with this yet??
Last Edit: 22 Jan 2011 20:16 by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds