• Page:

TOPIC: edacs esk

edacs esk 25 Oct 2010 16:58 #2317

• gadget guy
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I understand that HomePatrol supports the EDACS system,but in Vancouver the communications centre here uses EDACS ESK. So I was wondering, if HomePatrol will work here?

Re:edacs esk 25 Oct 2010 17:22 #2319

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
It should, but it won't work on any of the Digital (ProVoice) channels.

Re:edacs esk 25 Oct 2010 18:14 #2335

• gadget guy
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your quick reply. Please excuse my lack of knowledge. When you mean the Digital Provoice channels, are you talking about the encrypted channels? The police and EMS transmissions are digital and you can't hear them of course. The area fire departments who use the same system are analog.

Re:edacs esk 25 Oct 2010 18:26 #2340

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
It won't work on Pro Voice, however, apparently there is a workaround that is called DSD or something like that which you can check out in the trunking forums of RR. This requires, I believe two scanners and a computer running Linnux. Not sure how well it works but some have said they succeded. Obviously it won't work on encrypted channels.

Re:edacs esk 26 Oct 2010 07:14 #2355

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
gadget guy wrote:
When you mean the Digital Provoice channels, are you talking about the encrypted channels?

Provoice channels can be encrypted or unencrypted.

Since the HP-1 (or any current production scanner) doesn't support Provoice at all, it doesn't matter whether it's encrypted or unencrypted, it won't scan it.

Re:edacs esk 26 Oct 2010 15:50 #2370

• gadget guy
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm getting dizzy, my eyes are glazing over and I'm starting to drool!!!! I just wanted to know if HP 1 supports EDACS ESK. But, I should just get one, get my wife mad at me and let you know if it works in this part of the world. That way, you know I'm still alive when my wife sees it. Thanks for the info.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds