Location control
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Location control

Location control 23 Aug 2014 22:35 #14244

• Youngmeezy
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I just purchased the HP1 and love it so far. I have a question about location control....What does it do?? it's not mentioned in the owners manual at all.

Thanks

Meezy

Re: Location control 23 Aug 2014 23:18 #14245

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Youngmeezy wrote:
Hello, I just purchased the HP1 and love it so far. I have a question about location control....What does it do?? it's not mentioned in the owners manual at all.

Thanks

Meezy

There are quite a few places in the owner's manual that describe location control:

Page 4, under the heading of "How does the Home Patrol 1 work?"

Page 5 under "Use GPS Input"

Page 9 in the "Radio Control Bar" under the "Range Setting"

Page 11 under "Selecting Channels to Monitor"

Page 12 under "Change Location" and "Set Range"

Page 13 under "Customizing Your Monitoring Experience"

Page 23 under "Using HomePatrolā€1 with an Accessory GPS Receiver"

Page 24 under "Manage Profiles"

Also, be sure to read this:

www.homepatrol.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17:how-it-works-location-location-location&catid=5:homepatrol-1&Itemid=12

And the link to the owner's manual:

info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/WebHome/HomePatrol_OM_V2.pdf

Re: Location control 24 Aug 2014 03:29 #14247

• Youngmeezy
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I read those all of those, let me be more specific :) In another forum, I was told to turn on Location Control to avoid out of range sites. I found Location Control on Sentinel, under edit favorites. You can turn Location Control on or off, but I don't know what difference it makes. I was also curious when it shows site information on the scanner, some are grey, orange, and red, but I don't know the difference in these either.

Meezy

Re: Location control 24 Aug 2014 15:11 #14249

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Thaty was me :) Same guy different forum.

When you use that favorite you can enable LC. That sets it so the the selection will respond to location inputs - zipcode, city GPS.

Example - if you want everything in the favorite on all the time do not use LC. No matter where you are via GPS, what zipcode, etc. It will always be on.

If you want it to respond to GOS etc, use location on.

I use location on for everything I might use mobile but off for those I use in a fixed location.

You can create one for the entire state, location ON and GPS will turn selections on and off as you move about. all is dependent on the range also .

This is THE bible explanation on location

www.homepatrol.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17:how-it-works-location-location-location&catid=5:homepatrol-1&Itemid=12
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds