SD Card File Error message
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: SD Card File Error message

SD Card File Error message 21 Mar 2017 14:03 #17328

• Trav
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
This is a brand new HP-1 that I got in the mail yesterday, and appeared to initially work.

Regarding this message; it appears and then the scanner shuts down. I pulled the batteries, no joy. The second part of the message says that to "... restore data using Sentinel All Clear. I can't do that, because I only have an iMac.
I am currently searching for an inexpensive Windows laptop that will work with the Sentinel Software and "see" the scanner when I plug it into the USB port.

My concern is that because the scanner shuts down, will the laptop actually connect to and actually 'see' the scanner?
Last Edit: 21 Mar 2017 14:04 by Trav.

Re: SD Card File Error message 21 Mar 2017 15:41 #17333

• Captn Mal
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Trav- You're going to have to bite the bullet and get a WinTel laptop. Darth Vader from Bellevue commands it! ;-)

If you read my post on the thread I started with the same problem you'll know that these radios are very sensitive to how the SD card is formatted. The only solution I could make work is to format the SD card in a card reader plugged into my Toshiba lap top running Windows XP and using the "clear Data" command from the Homepatrol menu. When you do that, be sure to select the "show all drives" box in the pop-up window. Your card reader should come up. and then you can format and clear the SD card.

Everything worked fine after I did that.

It would be nice if there was a Mac version of Sentinel, complete with Mac convenience and functionality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trav
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds