Rename a profile?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rename a profile?

Rename a profile? 28 Feb 2013 16:31 #11228

• danham
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
The profile that was created when I set up my HP-1 is automatically called "Preset" and is now saved in Sentinel. Is there a way to rename this?

I would like to create profiles for different locations I visit, such as our vacation place in the Adirondacks. I have created a new profile in Sentinel called Adirondacks, but cannot find a way to rename Preset to something a little more logical, like "Cape Cod" [g].

Thanks,

-dan
HP-1
BC 895XLT
BC 235XLT
RS PRO 2006

Re: Rename a profile? 28 Feb 2013 18:53 #11230

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
danham wrote:
The profile that was created when I set up my HP-1 is automatically called "Preset" and is now saved in Sentinel. Is there a way to rename this?

I would like to create profiles for different locations I visit, such as our vacation place in the Adirondacks. I have created a new profile in Sentinel called Adirondacks, but cannot find a way to rename Preset to something a little more logical, like "Cape Cod" [g].

Thanks,

-dan

You can find it in "My Documents" on your computer and rename it there, or just as easy.....

When you have "preset" open in Sentinel, Click "File", then "Save As", then "Create New Profile" and give it the name you want, and click "OK".

You will now have two identical profiles with different names.

Then click "File", then "Open", and highlight "preset", and click "Delete Profile", leaving you just the one with the name you want.

The following user(s) said Thank You: danham

Re: Rename a profile? 28 Feb 2013 19:38 #11231

• danham
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks.

The renaming in Documents method did not work because Sentinel expected to see Preset when it launches and therefore threw an error message.

But "Save As" etc. worked fine and when I look in Documents now there is no Preset profile, just Adirondacks and Cape Cod. But Sentinel seems happy, having made the change within the program.

Many thanks for your help,

-dan
HP-1
BC 895XLT
BC 235XLT
RS PRO 2006
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds