update question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: update question

update question 26 Jun 2013 13:26 #12043

• revreid
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
i have the home patrol sentinel downloaded to my computer. i know that,when my machine arrives,i hook it to the computer and let it do what it does. my question is: do i have to do this every monday,as i read that the data base is updated every monday. or,do i ever have to download anything else from my computer. this is all new to me. thanks for your help,and patience.

Re: update question 26 Jun 2013 13:45 #12046

• dfw1417
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
You dont even have to connect it at all if you choose not to, however if you never update the database through Sentinel then your database will refelct the original database loaded at Uniden on the SD Card which mine was December 2011. This would result in you missing any agencies/services which have changed their frequencies since December 2011.

You may or may not choose to connect to the internet it is strictly your choice it is not forced to activate the scanner or anything like that.

I would say it would be good to update the database through Sentinel on the Internet about once a month at least that is what I plan to do.

Hope this helps.
Wayne.
The following user(s) said Thank You: revreid

Re: update question 26 Jun 2013 13:56 #12047

• revreid
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
yes this helps a lot.thanks so much
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds