(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: CAN'T UPDATE HP2

CAN'T UPDATE HP2 19 Oct 2017 06:55 #18169

• todddjreese
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I recently purchased a Home Patrol 2.
When I try to update the Home Patrol 2 Firmware I get the following error message

HP Update Failed
Action Canceled
Could not connect to server

When I try to update the database I get the following error message

HPDB Update Failed
Action Canceled

I am using Windows 10
I am using Windows Defender
I am using Google Chrome as my default web browser
I have 8GB memory
I have 867GB free disk space

Thank You
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: CAN'T UPDATE HP2 19 Oct 2017 13:01 #18170

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
todddjreese wrote:
I recently purchased a Home Patrol 2.
When I try to update the Home Patrol 2 Firmware I get the following error message

HP Update Failed
Action Canceled

When I try to update the database I get the following error message

HPDB Update Failed
Action Canceled

I am using Windows 10
I am using Windows Defender
I am using Google Chrome as my default web browser
I have 8GB memory
I have 867GB free disk space

Thank You
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try once more, could be just a glitch somewhere, but it would be a very rare event that it's on Uniden's end.

That message almost certainly indicates a problem somewhere on your end. Could be your anti-virus software blocking your access to the Uniden server. Could also be your Windows firewall or your ISP blocking access to the FTP transfer for the update file.

If you are using a Satellite based ISP, that's a possibility also.... but that is usually indicated by a "Operation Timed Out" error message.

Last Edit: 19 Oct 2017 13:03 by vroderick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: todddjreese

Re: CAN'T UPDATE HP2 19 Oct 2017 16:44 #18171

• todddjreese
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I forgot to mention that I am NOT using satellite internet, and when I installed the Sentinal Software I did allow my Windows 10 Firewall access to the Sentinal Software.

Re: CAN'T UPDATE HP2 19 Oct 2017 17:13 #18172

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
todddjreese wrote:
I forgot to mention that I am NOT using satellite internet, and when I installed the Sentinal Software I did allow my Windows 10 Firewall access to the Sentinal Software.

I just updated my database and everything is working OK on the Uniden end.

Be sure you are using the latest version of Sentinel (Version 2.03.02) available here:

info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/HomePatrol/HomePatrolSentinel

Also, copy and paste this address to your browser:

ftp.uniden.com

And see if you can get there with your browser. You should see a login window from the Uniden server.

You won't be able to login to that server (Sentinel does that internally), but if you can see it, that will tell you if you can at least access it. If you don't get the login window, it is definitely something on your end blocking access to the update server.

Your ISP may have FTP transfers blocked, it's not uncommon to see that. Your router firewall/settings may also be blocking FTP access

Last Edit: 19 Oct 2017 17:20 by vroderick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: todddjreese

Re: CAN'T UPDATE HP2 20 Oct 2017 18:10 #18175

• todddjreese
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I just checked with my ISP to see if they were blocking FTP traffic and they said that they DO NOT block FTP traffic
By the way: I am NOT using a satellite ISP, I use a High-speed Internet (Cable Internet ISP). I am using VERSION 2.03 REVISION 02 of the Sentinal Software and I have allowed it in the Windows Firewall.
As a side-note I will also tell you that I thought that I was using Windows Security Essentials, Apparently I am using Windows Defender.

Re: CAN'T UPDATE HP2 20 Oct 2017 18:15 #18176

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
todddjreese wrote:
I just checked with my ISP to see if they were blocking FTP traffic and they said that they DO NOT block FTP traffic
By the way: I am NOT using a satellite ISP, I use a High-speed Internet (Cable Internet ISP). I am using VERSION 2.03 REVISION 02 of the Sentinal Software and I have allowed it in the Windows Firewall.
As a side-note I will also tell you that I thought that I was using Windows Security Essentials, Apparently I am using Windows Defender.

What happened when you tried to reach ftp.uniden.com with your browser? Did you get the server login window asking for a password.... or did you get a "can't connect" error message?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds