Adding this feature in sentinel would be nice
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Adding this feature in sentinel would be nice

Adding this feature in sentinel would be nice 02 Nov 2010 18:21 #2707

• 9mmGuy
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
i understand you can D/L your favorites into sentinel and see the freqs. Here is my complaint...i have some freqs that I know have changed for my local police depts. It would be nice if you could manually change the freq to the new freq and than upload into HP1. i know i can plug in a new freq into the main DB via the interface but I dont see a way to import the new freq into my favorite folder. Adding this feature would be a great help to all
i realise this scanner is for the novice (ME!) and thats why i like it. it should just be a little more programmable through software.
can anyone recommend software that will allow this? i read about butel and another package that i do not remember the name of. any first hand experience would be appreciated. i dont want to waste $ on a hard to use program. thanks for taking the time to read and respond if you have information that can help me/everyone
Ed

Re:Adding this feature in sentinel would be nice 03 Nov 2010 09:47 #2716

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Submit the changes to RadioReference (or to a post here and we'll do it for you). Then, the information will be correct for every user (including yourself) on future updates.

Re:Adding this feature in sentinel would be nice 03 Nov 2010 12:32 #2724

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Or, purchase the ARC Patrol software from BUTEL. It is in beta v. 0.92 at the moment but will be in a release version 1.0 soon I think. It is not difficult to use and the 44 page pdf software manual (also a beta at present) has color screen shots of how to use the various features. Butel makes software for most scanners on the market and I used the ones they make for Uniden scanners for a number of years and have always had no real problem. The author, Gommert Buysen, reads these forums and often responds to suggestions. Try his web site for pricing and other offers while it can still be "pre-ordered." I have no association with his company except as a satisfied customer.
Some advice offered on these forums are from persons, know no doubt Expert, but who have a commercial connection with a vendor. That's not bad, but it is wise to know the "bias" of the commenter.

LEP

Re:Adding this feature in sentinel would be nice 03 Nov 2010 18:24 #2728

• 9mmGuy
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
i appreciate the advice and comment. i think if i had more control over the favorites, i'd enjoy the scanner even more. im new to scanners but well versed in computers.
thanks
Last Edit: 03 Nov 2010 18:25 by 9mmGuy.

Re:Adding this feature in sentinel would be nice 03 Nov 2010 18:37 #2729

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
The included program, Sentinel, has only limited provisons to control the Favorites. In order to do what you want, you will need 3rd party software. There will probably be several choices in the market. Of two that are already available, I have purchased both ScanCat Lite and ARC Patrol. I prefer the Butel ARC Patrol as a matter of fact I am editing my FAVE lists at the moment in preparation for a trip this weekend.

LEP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds