HomePatrol 1 software Sentinel software
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: HomePatrol 1 software Sentinel software

HomePatrol 1 software Sentinel software 10 Nov 2010 16:44 #2964

• tjstroh42
  • ( Visitor )
I just ordered my Uniden HomePatrol 1 from Scanner Master, as they seemed to have the best prices.
I do have a question? How important is the installing of the Sentinel software, I do have a PC, but I have never used the installing feature of the computer. I do have a younger son who is computer literate, so i have a teacher!!

I was going to use the zip code feature,at the start, but will software be important in the future?

If it will benefit the performance of the HomePatrol 1 I would definitely wish to have it available. I do live in the NYC area where there is a lot of action. Just not to sure of my capability of the required installation of software.

Re:HomePatrol 1 software Sentinel software 10 Nov 2010 17:10 #2965

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
The software is very important as it allows you to get the latest version of the database into your HP-1. We issue a new database at least weekly (of course, not all changes will affect you, so you don't have to update your unit every week).

You can try to install yourself by going to info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/HomePatrol/HomePatrolSentinel and installing from there while you wait for your's to arrive.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds