directory corrupt & unreadable
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: directory corrupt & unreadable

directory corrupt & unreadable 30 Jun 2011 07:30 #6249

• wfrs_capt
  • ( Visitor )
Hello to the group, this is my first post. I am having issues reading & writing to my HP-1. I was having no problems updating firmware or database until recently when I began getting an error message saying that "the file or directory is corrupted & unreadable." I am using the Sentinel software version 1.01.01 on my XP laptop. I have deleted & re-installed the software and I have tried to make sense of some of the posts that seem to indicate that others have experienced these same issues and now I am even more confused as to what exactly I am supposed to do. Can someone please post or email me offline ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) with the step by step as to how I can get this wonderful scanner back to normal again. Thanks for all your help.

Re:directory corrupt & unreadable 30 Jun 2011 09:13 #6251

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Sounds like the unit might have lost power during a write operation at some point. Use the SD card formatting tool from www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/ to completely reformat the HomePatrol-1 (this will clear all data from the card, so if possible be sure you've read any of your Favorites from the unit, first). Then, in Sentinel, do HomePatrol --> Clear User Data. Then HomePatrol --> Write to HomePatrol.

Re:directory corrupt & unreadable 30 Jun 2011 21:28 #6256

• wfrs_capt
  • ( Visitor )
Just wanted to thank Upman for his help.....HP1 is working fine now after following your suggestion.

Re:directory corrupt & unreadable 25 Sep 2011 22:19 #7628

• davetx
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I also received the error message Favorites over limit.(Max 256 lists) so I formatted my SD card as suggested using SD Formatter 3.0 and followed your instructions to the T. I reinstalled the card (16GB)I had been using in my HP1 Firmware Version 2.01, Extreme Upgrade and the Power Patrol Program V2.01 would not write to or recognize my SD card. I tried many different methods but the unit would not work. As luck would have it I still had my 2GB SD card so I copied the Home Patrol and Set Up folders to it so I was working once again but I am still getting the same Error Message when I try to create a new Favorite List from my Home Patrol. Any suggestions?
Dave

Re:directory corrupt & unreadable 26 Sep 2011 08:45 #7629

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
See this reply DB Error Fix.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds