"Unknown" displayed for Department...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Unknown" displayed for Department...

"Unknown" displayed for Department... 31 Aug 2011 16:23 #7220

• tekoholic
  • ( Visitor )
...and "TGID:xxxx" after tweaking some of my favorites, in Sentinel.

This happened to me yesterday, as well, and I cleared all data, recreated all favorites lists, etc.

Seems to happen after specific edits are made, in particular, the Delay settings, or perhaps the ID:Search, as these are the only consistent changes I made, each time this occurred.

I did notice, as well, that it does NOT have the same effect on all channels / TG's, only some.

I'm in process of reversing the ID:Search feature changes, and will report back results.

Re:"Unknown" displayed for Department... 31 Aug 2011 16:35 #7221

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
If you turn on ID Search, when it gets a hit on a channel that is not in the dB, it displays the TG number for the Channel. Since it doesn't know what department it belongs to (since it isn't in the dB), it displays "Unknown." This is a feature.

Re:"Unknown" displayed for Department... 31 Aug 2011 17:32 #7223

• tekoholic
  • ( Visitor )
Wow, hadn't expected a response, so quickly. Thank you, Paul.

Anyhow, I've just unchecked the ID:Search function, updated radio as such, and realized that this stopped the issue I had described.

Now, gotta' wonder where I can find info on who those TG's are, so I can update the DB!! They are nearly as much more prevalent than the known ones, as 3 or 4 to 1, in my area! Getting everything from school bus chatter to law enforcement!

Re: 31 Aug 2011 18:50 #7224

• tekoholic
  • ( Visitor )
UPMan wrote:
If you turn on ID Search, when it gets a hit on a channel that is not in the dB, it displays the TG number for the Channel. Since it doesn't know what department it belongs to (since it isn't in the dB), it displays "Unknown." This is a feature.

I guess I have one more question, in regards to this issue: Why would it not be in the database, if I can find it on the DB page?

Granted, many of the TG's I'm running across (I started logging them, for this purpose) are NOT in my listed favorites, and so, are not supposed to be scanned. However, they ARE on the RR DB page, and thus, I must assume, in the DB.

If, say, I am scanning favorites I've created, with the ID Search function inadvertently enabled, when it runs across TGID's that are not in the fav's I'm scanning, does it see them as unknown, even tho they are in the full DB?

p.s.: My DB is dated 08/28/2011, HPS 2.0r02
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2011 18:54 by . Reason: Added DB and HPS versions

Re: 01 Sep 2011 09:03 #7229

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
I should have said "...that is not in the dB for the system you are scanning...".

The scanner doesn't keep any correlation between a system in a Favorites List and the system in the Main dB that it was derived from. So, if you did not include the channels in the Favorites List then they are considered "unknown" when that is the system you are scanning.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds