Amateur Radio - Manitoba Canada
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Amateur Radio - Manitoba Canada

Re: Amateur Radio - Manitoba Canada 24 Jan 2012 20:47 #8781

• Trenholm
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Just downloaded this week's database frequencies.

Same problem.

Is someone from Uniden going to respond?

Paul
VE1MVM

Re: Amateur Radio - Manitoba Canada 24 Jan 2012 22:29 #8784

• Jay911
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Just this moment I downloaded the latest HPDB and looked at the data in Sentinel. If you drill down far enough, I do see the data. Database > Canada > Manitoba > Central Plains (I just picked any one, others appear right too) > County Systems > Central Plains > Repeaters - Area Repeaters and they are there.

I did another test to get a closer look at the data. I took the "Central Plains" (after "County Systems") and copied it to a Favorites list by right-clicking on it from the main DB. Once in the Favorites list, I edited the Favorites list (using the "star-with-pencil tool" or by hitting Ctrl+2). Then, looking at the "Repeaters - Area Repeaters" group, indeed, there is no location data in it. So, if you are using "Location Control: ON" in your HP1, you will not find any of the Manitoba ham data, because the RRDB and the HPDB think that all the ham data is at N00 00.00 W00 00.00 (the point where the Prime Meridian and the Equator meet, off the coast of Africa).

I have submitted a ticket to get the data in the RRDB fixed. The admin who works western Canada is usually pretty quick with this kind of thing and tries to get it in before the next week's HPDB download. As I post this, I see that somebody has already made the updates, but it's likely they didn't get into the RRDB until after Uniden did this week's HPDB download. So next week, things should "fix themselves". But give me a minute, I might be able to make something that can tide you over until then.

File Attachment:

File Name: MBHam.zip
File Size: 1 KB

Attached to this post should be a file called "MB Ham.zip". Download and unzip that file, then, in Sentinel, in the "File" menu, click "Import from hpe file". Choose a favorites list (or make a new one), then find and pick the "MB Ham.hpe" you just downloaded and unzipped. This should give you all the repeaters with some very rudimentary location data - the center of the province with a 400 mile radius, which means you will scan them all no matter where in MB you are. Just don't forget to add that new favorites list to your scanning when you upload it to the HP1. :)
Last Edit: 24 Jan 2012 22:41 by Jay911. Reason: added file
The following user(s) said Thank You: markbart

Re: Amateur Radio - Manitoba Canada 24 Jan 2012 23:27 #8787

• OCO
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Wouldn't it be nice if you could drill down all the way without having to create a Favorite to see the rest of the layers of data......

Re: Amateur Radio - Manitoba Canada 25 Jan 2012 02:40 #8789

• Trenholm
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!
Paul
VE1MVM

Re: Amateur Radio - Manitoba Canada 31 Jan 2012 13:07 #8845

• Trenholm
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Problem has been fixed with the last update!
Thanks!

Paul
VE1MVM
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds