Extreme Upgrade Drivers Install For Windows 7
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Extreme Upgrade Drivers Install For Windows 7

Extreme Upgrade Drivers Install For Windows 7 06 Oct 2012 15:21 #10312

• scanner_321
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I just installed the Extreme Upgrade for my Home Patrol 1 but can't install the drivers for this product on my computer. I followed the instructions given but a driver wasn't installed. So what's next?
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 15:31 by scanner_321.

Re: Extreme Upgrade Drivers Install For Windows 7 06 Oct 2012 19:47 #10314

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
So, you downloaded the drivers from info.uniden.com/HomePatrol/ and selected the appropriate "inf" file when prompted? What happened?

I'd first try to apply the driver again by going to Device Manager, selecting the appropriate device (if it wasn't installed, it will probably show as an unknown device with a warning triangle), then updating the driver, selecting the correct driver when prompted.

Re: Extreme Upgrade Drivers Install For Windows 7 06 Oct 2012 20:27 #10315

• scanner_321
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
OK, I downloaded the key for the extreme update. That was OK. After that I tried to download the driver. If I remember the instruction said to select "Port" and the machine would install the item. Maybe I read it wrong or misunderstood the instructions. Then Windows said a driver wasn't installed and it couldn't find a driver suitable. You have to excuse me Im really not that computer literate. At this point, I feel like the whole purchase was a waste of my time & money as I see no difference in the way my Homepatrol operates. Thank you for your understanding

Re: Extreme Upgrade Drivers Install For Windows 7 06 Oct 2012 20:54 #10316

• scanner_321
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I used the Device Manager and "HomePatrol 1 CDC shows on there when the USB Cable is plugged into the Port. I was afraid to delete that in case it goes to some other part of the Home Patrol set up. Guess you can say I'm lost at this point

Re: Extreme Upgrade Drivers Install For Windows 7 06 Oct 2012 22:21 #10317

• JD3
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
If you can see the home patrol in the device manager it should be installed.
Is there a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to the device?
Usually if the device is not installed you will see that with an unknown device.

Is the program - HomePatrol sentinel installed?

info.uniden.com/HomePatrol/HomePatrolSentinel
click on :

HomePatrol_Sentinel_2_02_04.zip
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 22:25 by JD3.

Re: Extreme Upgrade Drivers Install For Windows 7 28 Nov 2012 19:14 #10499

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Same thing here Scanner, I am running windows 7-64 bit I am thinking that there lies that problem
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds