I only have an iMac
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: I only have an iMac

I only have an iMac 21 Mar 2017 13:54 #17327

• Trav
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I do not plan on putting Windows on my iMac, and am considering getting an inexpensive Windows Laptop to use with my HP-1 Scanner.
I would appreciate any recommendations in regard as to what laptop and version of Windows to get that will work with Sentinel and "see" the scanner.

There are two reasons:
1. The initial setup prompt about installing Sentinel software; which I can't do on a Mac.
2. Not long after bypassing the steps of #1, and entering my zip code I got a message about an SD Card File error. Pulling the battery cells did not work, and I can't do the second step to "... restore data using Sentinel All Clear" (whatever that really is); the scanner shortly after this message appears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: josephatoubes

Re: I only have an iMac 21 Mar 2017 15:42 #17334

• Captn Mal
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Trav- see my responses to your other posts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trav, josephatoubes

Re: I only have an iMac 15 Oct 2017 19:16 #18164

I too have an imac but I updated it to a newer one with 32G ram which makes a huge difference since a lot of my apps are memory hogs.

I use four weather apps as I have a station, and I found that I needed to decide between a laptop which would be a lot more money out the door, bootcamp, which I didn't like the option of rebooting when Iwanted to use windows or OSX, and then I found Parallels. That works for me. In installed it and windows 10. Then I figured out how to get the usb to use the usb of the mac and so on. Now Iuse that only when I need to use two of my weather programs, a couple financial and for the HP2. It isn't ideal, but it is what it is.

I originally only used a PC, but when my PC died, I jumped ship to the iMac as I had the iphone, watch, pad etc.. so I stayed there.

I wish you very well in your decision.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds