New Firmware On the Way
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New Firmware On the Way

Re: New Firmware On the Way 15 Jan 2012 18:50 #8606

• N1SAX
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
The update was out, on 1/6/2012, if you would just always go back to the UNIDEN up at the top of all pages, all the info rom the extreme site or Uniden's it's always listed by the date of all the releases on this board, YOU JUST HAVE TO CLEAN YOUR GLASSES TO SEE, what you need, always look up top!!!!!!!!!!
So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, How was the play?
It takes a Long time to Grow an old Friend.
You never get a second chance to make a First impression!

Re: New Firmware On the Way 15 Jan 2012 19:39 #8608

• Philke3fl
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Nice. OK I'm sorry but I'm lost. "if you would just always go back to the UNIDEN up at the top of all pages," All what pages? I see no "UNIDEN" at the top of this page, I see no "UNIDEN" at the top of any page in Sentinel and last, I see no "UNIDEN" at the top of any page on the HP-1 itself. So, help me "CLEAN MY GLASSES" as you so kindly put it and tell me where I should be able to see this "UNIDEN" of which you speak.

Also, I must have a buggy version of the Sentinel program. I just did another full database update and when I look on the HP-1 it still says the
Firmware Version: 2.02
DB is version 1/1/2012.
Help Version is 12/04/2011
ESN: some-big-long-number
Phil KE3FL / KPC3FL

Re: New Firmware On the Way 15 Jan 2012 20:27 #8609

• OCO
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Are you actually doing the "Write to HomePatrol" after you update the database on Sentinel? It is not automatic... Also if you look in the very bottom left hand corner of the main Sentinel page, it will tell you the date of the current Database... (Should be 1/06/2012 if you have the Extreme version)..

I'm not sure what page was being referred to either...
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2012 20:40 by OCO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philke3fl

Re: New Firmware On the Way 16 Jan 2012 01:33 #8611

• Philke3fl
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Ahhh, that's the part I missed someplace along the line! I obviously did it once recently since I have the DB 1/1/2012 but forgot about that step just as quickly. I think it's a bit unintuitive that the DB in the Sentinel program gets updated but does NOT update the HP-1 unless you select a different tab to specifically tell it to.

I see the advantage to doing it this way is that one can keep Sentinel updated & then when one has more time one can connect the HP-1 to the computer to download the new DB to it. The disadvantage is that when the HP-1 is connected it is NOT obvious that updating the database means that it is ONLY updated in Sentinel.

Since Sentinel can probably also read the current version of the DB & Firmware in the HP-1, why not add a check for a connection to the HP-1 whenever sentinel is run and then if a new DB is downloaded tell the user:

"The Sentinel database has been updated to mm/dd/yyyy and the database in the ##### HP-1 is MM/DD/YYY do you want to write the updated database to the HP-1 at this time?"

Thanks OCO!
Phil KE3FL / KPC3FL

Re: New Firmware On the Way 16 Jan 2012 01:41 #8612

• Philke3fl
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
I just wrote the DB to the HP-1 & it now says the version is 1/6/2012 and the Nationwide systems are more what I would expect them to be. I see CB, FRS, GMRS, MURS, and HAM listed as service types there now.

What service type would the dot frequencies be under? Blue Dot, Green Dot, Red Dot, Yellow Dot, etc? I don't see a "Common Dot" or a "Dot Radio Service" service type listed.

Thanks.
Phil KE3FL / KPC3FL
Last Edit: 16 Jan 2012 01:44 by Philke3fl.

Re: New Firmware On the Way 16 Jan 2012 02:01 #8613

• OCO
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
They span more than one service type.. Check this list.... www.freqofnature.com/frequencies/common/business.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philke3fl
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds