New Firmware On the Way
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New Firmware On the Way

Re: New Firmware On the Way 16 Jan 2012 02:05 #8614

• KD8HE
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
The "dot" frequencies are not a service type. Service type for the "dot" frequencies is "Business".
The frequencies are in the main HP database in Sentinel under USA/Your State/Your County/Nationwide/Common Business-USA/UHF and VHF High lists.
Ham OP since 1981
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philke3fl

Re: New Firmware On the Way 16 Jan 2012 02:58 #8617

• OCO
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
KD8HE wrote:
The "dot" frequencies are not a service type. Service type for the "dot" frequencies is "Business".
The frequencies are in the main HP database in Sentinel under USA/Your State/Your County/Nationwide/Common Business-USA/UHF and VHF High lists.

Yup, I was referring to the FCC Services FRS, GMRS, Itinerant, Business Radio, not Sentinel service types. I figured he was trying to correlate the Dot frequencies with the FCC services...

Re: New Firmware On the Way 16 Jan 2012 15:07 #8621

• Philke3fl
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
OK, Thanks to both of you OCO & KD8HE I appreciate the information. I'll try that in a location I know I can receive at least one business that uses the Green Dot to be sure I'm selecting the correct service type to get those frequencies.
Phil KE3FL / KPC3FL

Re: New Firmware On the Way 16 Jan 2012 20:36 #8629

• N1SAX
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Phil YOUR data base, should be updated each Monday, so in your SOFTWARE screen under the about next to help you should be seeing this page!!!!!!!!!!!

Update HomePatrol Databases
NOTE: You must be connected to the internet to perform this procedure.

Uniden updates the transmission databases weekly. You can decide how often to update your HomePatrol's database. Select Update/Update HPDB or select the Update Master HPDB icon ( ). Sentinel checks for updated databases on the HomePatrol website and downloads them.

Want more information? See:

Update HomePatrol Databases

Back to Sentinel Software Overview

FYI MY SCANNER TELLS ME MY VERSION IS 1/6/2012, NOW I HAVE JUST DID THE UPDATE, AND MY SCANNER SHOULD IS STILL TELLING ME 1/6/2012, I SHALL ASSUME that because today is a holiday that an update did not take place, but I will assume they will do it Tuesday, so then it should read 1/17/2012! Are you looking at the scanner for these dates for the version under advanced menu, you get there by pressing - Menu, Advanced menu, then the down arrow, and then all of your info about the scanner you own is all on that screen!!!!!! Is that the way that you are finding your info???
So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, How was the play?
It takes a Long time to Grow an old Friend.
You never get a second chance to make a First impression!

Re: New Firmware On the Way 17 Jan 2012 11:31 #8639

• Philke3fl
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks N1SAX/George, yes I have the new DB on the HP-1 now, I forgot, from one day to the next, that one has to not only download the DB to the Sentinel program but then one has to download it from the Sentinel program to the HP-1.

I also made the suggestion, in the post where I said I'd finally gotten the DB on the HP-1 updated, that it would be nice to update the Sentinel program so that once the DB in Sentinel is updated it then automatically checks for an HP-1 being attached. Once it detects the HP-1 & determines that Sentinel has a newer version of the DB it displays a screen saying, "The Sentinel database has been updated to mm/dd/yyyy and the database in the ##### HP-1 is MM/DD/YYY do you want to write the updated database to the HP-1 at this time?"

Being, at present, a software developer I believe that this is a possible addition to the Sentinel program which would make it a better program, a bit more intuitive, to those of us who don't do updates every week and thus forget how to do them so that the DB in the radio actually gets updated. I really hope someone in the software group thinks this is a good idea and brings it to the group as a possible addition to the Sentinel program.

You know what else would be a good addition to Sentinel? It would be for it to check the new DB against the old DB to see if there are any updates to the sections of the DB that you use regularly, or at least to your local present settings. Example, if you use a Favorites List then Sentinel checks what part of the DB is used in the Favorites List against the newly downloaded DB and if it finds a different it then displays, "The new database has updates for the section of the database used by your Favorites List(s) 'XYZ' do you want to download the new database to the radio at this time?"

I've just posted both of my upgrade suggestions to the Sentinel sectino of the forum.
Phil KE3FL / KPC3FL
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2012 11:32 by Philke3fl. Reason: changed one to once

Re: New Firmware On the Way 17 Jan 2012 17:06 #8649

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
I issued this week's update about 15 minutes ago. It will go on the normal Monday schedule in a week or two.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds