Uniden sold out of Homepatrol--does this mean?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Uniden sold out of Homepatrol--does this mean?

Re: Uniden sold out of Homepatrol--does this mean? 08 May 2012 18:22 #9496

• Elembytes
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
My big thing about buying at Radio Shack is two fold.

1.) you still have to pay sales tax- where as some like Bearcat Warehouse you don't.

2.) Bearcat Warehouse for $484.90 gives you an extra year warranty so basically a 2-year warranty.

So not sure if buying from Radio Shack even with $20 coupon is that great a deal.

Re: Uniden sold out of Homepatrol--does this mean? 10 May 2012 21:45 #9508

• Elembytes
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Radio Shack is currently sold out now- so can't buy from them....wond'er if they'll have the sale again later this month when they get them back in stock?

If they do and they still have a $20 discount it might be best to order from them!

Oh well. Thank you for your insights!

Re: Uniden sold out of Homepatrol--does this mean? 14 May 2012 23:50 #9518

• Joe516
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I ordered mine this morning @ scannermaster.com. I expect to have it tomorrow

Re: Uniden sold out of Homepatrol--does this mean? 15 May 2012 22:34 #9520

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
I have to make one comment that is not about the scanners...I use to be a State employee and since the State Sales Tax determined our budget, raises, etc etc..avoiding paying the Sales Tax is not high on my priority list! Technically of course, most States have a "Use Tax" which is the same as the Sales Tax and if you bought something w/o paying the Sales Tax you are supposed to pay the equivalent amount to Use the item

Of course, except in the case of BIg Ticket items, cars, airplanes and the type of thing that has to be registered to use, most folks just ignore the Use Tax and there is no practical way to enforce it.

Ok, sermon over! Back to scanning...on my Tax Paid HP-1s and BCD996XTs.

Re: Uniden sold out of Homepatrol--does this mean? 16 May 2012 21:38 #9521

• Elembytes
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for the comment--- I am a state employee as well and i know all to well about lack of wages and salaries, hiring freezes and so forth.

It's not all about sales tax and paying taxes. I pay my fair share and you do too. Give to Ceasar that which is Ceasar and so forth according to the Bible. However, Ceasar takes way too much from the people and wastes it and so forth. Our land is so corrupted as it is, we all are on a sinking ship. Some see it others sadly do not. How many times are we taxed on the same dollars anyways?

So, yes, lets keep it to scanning and not rally the troups. (smile) You do what you can do and save where you can. Believe me I pay more than my share of taxes to both state and federal governments. So I do NOT feel sorry for this at the slightest.

Corruption breeds more corruption, look at the national debt and how many times they want to just simply push the ceiling higher instead of doing what is RIGHT.

The END is coming yet people do not see it. However people who turn their backs on the very one who put us here, will pay the price and we are seeing that daily now in our great land! Like you said BACK TO SCANNING!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds