(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: unlimited range adjustment also with 30 miles

unlimited range adjustment also with 30 miles 05 Aug 2012 16:05 #9912

• nutpn
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
  • USMC
I am interested in seeing if uniden would add the option for unlimited range in the adjustments,I know that the Home patrol prolly dont go past that,heck with the stock antenna I cant get it to pick our local tower up at 11 miles,but that will change I hope when I purchase my outdoor antenna,but back to the subject at hand.
If uniden would offer this as an option,Im sure several folks that have bought the uniden upgrade for the home patrol would like it.
First I think those that have outdoor antennas are able to reach well beyond that 30 mile limit.When I had my outdoor scanner antenna hooked up to my bc350 back before that dreaded day the tornados came thru Alabama,I was able to pick up several sites and instead of a mileage/range adjustment I used my Squelch,so just an idea Uniden ever since I have been buying scanners they have been unidens,so Please put an unlimited on the range adjustment for us that purchased the upgrade for the Home Patrol in the next software update,thanks again for great products.I must have a bad antenna I guess,thanks
US Marine and Android and Scanner Nut
2112 bouncing off a 2144
Last Edit: 05 Aug 2012 16:06 by nutpn.

Re: unlimited range adjustment also with 30 miles 05 Aug 2012 16:50 #9913

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
You seem to be posting what is mostly the same complaint over and over in multiple threads that make it quite difficult to tell exactly what you want done about the range adjustment. Is the 'tower that is 11 miles away' loaded into the database you are scanning?

Re: unlimited range adjustment also with 30 miles 05 Aug 2012 17:14 #9914

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Make a favorite.... How would you even begin to use "unlimited range"? You would have thousands and thousands of channels to scan.

You are aware that you can make a favorite for an entire state, multiple states, etc. ??
Last Edit: 06 Aug 2012 00:01 by UPMan.

Re: unlimited range adjustment also with 30 miles 05 Aug 2012 18:29 #9916

• nutpn
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
  • USMC
I have a favorite list and I know About adding whole states but what good is it to add whole states if its got a 30 mile range limit ,I didnt join to be dogged by someone,I was just offering suggestions and this thread isnt about in whole my other threads about my antenna problems I only mentioned it,,,,its about making the range far enough so when I buy a outdoor antenna "like I used to own"-so it will pick up signals,but anyway thanks for the cussing,I also have another thread and a very helpful thread at that to add a 32 or lesser gb card,thanks
2112 bouncing off a 2144
Last Edit: 06 Aug 2012 00:01 by UPMan.

Re: unlimited range adjustment also with 30 miles 05 Aug 2012 18:39 #9917

• nutpn
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
  • USMC
Ive owned scanners a long time ,I appreciate some of your help,I have a favs setup,it scans and scans,this thread was a suggestion on maybe making the home patrol better,my other threads is about apparently a bad antenna the other is actually how to add a larger micro sd card,something very useful,thanks guys for your help,greatly appreciated
2112 bouncing off a 2144
Last Edit: 05 Aug 2012 18:44 by nutpn.

Re: unlimited range adjustment also with 30 miles 05 Aug 2012 19:29 #9918

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Add a whole state WITHOUT location control - 30 miles does NOT mean that it will only receive 30 miles, it means it will only LOAD stations within the 30 mile radius as defined in the DB.

Create a favorite without location control for whatever you want.

Also - read this:

www.homepatrol.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17
Last Edit: 05 Aug 2012 19:31 by Ohio-user.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds