(1 viewing) (1) Guest
BCD536HP
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unable to read BCD536 in computer

Unable to read BCD536 in computer 01 Feb 2016 18:18 #16420

• battalion3
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I am unable to read the mass storage device. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and it worked before in Windows 8.1. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions? I have tried locating the com ports to change, but my experience with W10 is very limited. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Re: Unable to read BCD536 in computer 03 Feb 2016 17:48 #16427

• battalion3
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Update to not being able to read the SD in Sentinel from the BCD536HP. I purchased an adapter and have been able to read the SD card, but still cannot read it from the scanner. Could there be an issue with the scanner itself requiring repair? Reading the manual has given me little information on how to overcome this issue.

Re: Unable to read BCD536 in computer 04 Feb 2016 16:19 #16429

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Delete whatever driver shows up in device driver when it's connected. Then unplug, plug back in and see if it finds the correct (mass storage) driver.

Re: Unable to read BCD536 in computer 11 Feb 2016 20:44 #16453

• Wolf1bravo
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I just got the HomePatrol II and had the same problem. Out of the box, the initial connection worked and my computer recognized the scanner as an external drive. But since then, no matter what order I turn things on, plug things in etc. The computer fails to recognize the scanner. I've tried different USB cables and different ports but no luck. I have been successful in removing the SD card and plugging it into the computer using an adapter, but that's extra work. Called Uniden and the guy I talked to said he wasn't aware of a problem.
Oh by the way, I'm running Windows 7.

Re: Unable to read BCD536 in computer 16 Feb 2016 14:52 #16464

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
When you plug in the cable, are you selecting "Mass Storage" on the pop-up prompt on the scanner?

Re: Unable to read BCD536 in computer 16 Feb 2016 18:35 #16469

• Wolf1bravo
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the suggestion; however, the problem was the computer wouldn't recognize the scanner as an external device so the "Mass storage" never popped up.
I finally figure out the problem. Like many people who have accumulated tech devices over time I seem to have several cables that are mini usb on one end and standard usb on the other. Turns out I had grabbed one of the other cables, not the one that came with the scanner, and they're not all able to function the same. Once I put the correct one in place, the scanner was recognized and the "mass storage" option popped up. All's good.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds