Unbelievable Reception
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Unbelievable Reception

Re:Unbelievable Reception 11 Oct 2010 16:45 #1344

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
lol you think theres much room in a Honda Civic? Add the laptop and 4 kids and it's crowded :) (they aren't even MY kids)
Hmmmm, maybe you can put those extra radios to work on the fed or air channels. I always find a way to put the older gear to work on something new, soon I'll have enough to cover everything. And I am thinking another HP-1 is in the near future too :)

Re:Unbelievable Reception 11 Oct 2010 16:55 #1345

• Saber
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Dang, I had to dig for sofa change just to pay for my one and only HP-1. At least now I don’t feel so bad that I ordered accessories I could have lived without.
Last Edit: 11 Oct 2010 17:04 by Saber.

Re:Unbelievable Reception 11 Oct 2010 17:43 #1353

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
I had an unexpected deal come along, one of those things that will make enough to get a second HP-1 so thats what I'll do. Can't complain when you spend $100 and make 6 x that :)

Re:Unbelievable Reception 19 Oct 2010 05:21 #1897

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
I am still amazed by the HP-1 reception. This morning there is heavy fog covering the entire central part of the state, but I am still hearing Ft Wayne on VHF 60 miles away. Even 800Mhz is doing great through the fog as I heard Dearborn Co. for the first time on SAFET while sitting at home. You just can't beat the HP-1 for it's reception. This thing even recives 800Mhz without an antenna, just a BNC 90 degree elbow on it works!

Re:Unbelievable Reception 14 Nov 2010 21:08 #3095

• mciupa
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • RR.com DB Admin
Last night was pretty good for reception into Toronto from Western New York.

I was pulling in counties from Cattaraugus to Monroe. Using a KS3-SMA Micro Magnet Mobile Scanner Antenna With SMA Style Connector. Spencerport NOAA was coming in clear and I even decoded Monroe County - Towns North P25 signal.

Awesome.:cheer:
Last Edit: 14 Nov 2010 21:09 by mciupa.

Re:Unbelievable Reception 16 Nov 2010 16:06 #3148

• willybear
  • ( Visitor )
Thanks for all your help.... I am a fantastic Photographer(Ive been told)
but radio and monitors I know nothing... I have two cars, one a Jeep I must use for my News Work and need the best antenna possible covering all the vaious frequencies as I travel most of the time in California, Nevada and Arizona for a national news agency.... I have heard so many things I am almost lost on what is mybest bet...suggestion please... yes the reception with my little rubber antenna that is supplied, is fair, but I am afraid it will not do for my long range travels....thanks millions for your help....:)
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds