Unbelievable Reception
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Unbelievable Reception

Re:Unbelievable Reception 22 Nov 2010 00:06 #3254

• paulhusker
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
For those of you that are picking up distant signals, how are you picking them up if the Home Patrol only allows for a 30 mile range? Does it have those distant signals' frequencies already loaded when you input your zip code or are you manually entering these frequencies?

I'm thinking of purchasing this but was worried about the "30 mile range" mentioned in the owner's manual pdf. My 50-channel scanner purchased in the mid 90s can pick up signals further away than 30 miles quite frequently.

Thanks for any input!

Re:Unbelievable Reception 22 Nov 2010 06:36 #3255

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
"30 mile range" has nothing to do with the distance between the transmitter and the receiver. You misunderstand. Range has to do with the circle around the HP-1 location which will have stations loaded into the database from the SD card inclusive db of all USA and Canadian stations. If the HP-1 hears a station it will receive it, no matter how far away it is.

Re:Unbelievable Reception 22 Nov 2010 09:36 #3257

• paulhusker
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
LEP wrote:
"30 mile range" has nothing to do with the distance between the transmitter and the receiver. You misunderstand. Range has to do with the circle around the HP-1 location which will have stations loaded into the database from the SD card inclusive db of all USA and Canadian stations. If the HP-1 hears a station it will receive it, no matter how far away it is.

LEP, thanks for the clarification. Another question: To receive those +30 mile frequencies, do you have to manually enter them or are they preloaded when you do the setup?

Thanks

Re:Unbelievable Reception 22 Nov 2010 10:25 #3258

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
If you haven't already, you might want to read Location, Location, Location.

Re:Unbelievable Reception 16 Aug 2011 16:54 #6877

• N1SAX
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Options ,,, if you have a way to get ac in you vehicle,,, go to staples and purchase the $10.00 set of cheap on price and great sound, I will be taking my set when I go with mine But the sound is far better than Radio shaft ,,,,The brand that I have 2 sets are by---Cyber Acoustics,,,The nice thing about using these is set the level on your scanner, to 1/4 then set the amplified speakers to louder then you think will be good,, then if you need louder use the toggle on top of the scanner!!!! works great.

George
So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, How was the play?
It takes a Long time to Grow an old Friend.
You never get a second chance to make a First impression!

Re:Unbelievable Reception 02 Jan 2012 05:15 #8324

• Shell
  • ( Visitor )
John wrote:
I am still amazed by the HP-1 reception. This morning there is heavy fog covering the entire central part of the state, but I am still hearing Ft Wayne on VHF 60 miles away. Even 800Mhz is doing great through the fog as I heard Dearborn Co. for the first time on SAFET while sitting at home. You just can't beat the HP-1 for it's reception. This thing even recives 800Mhz without an antenna, just a BNC 90 degree elbow on it works!

John and I have discussed this more than a few times! Although I'm in Missouri, John and I have both experienced the same excellent reception on the HP-1. The front end on this radio is simply amazing! I'm in St. Louis County and, on several occasions, have clearly picked up transmissions from St. Genevieve County which is around the bootheel area of Missouri - at minimum 125 miles south of here. At first I didn't believe it but then verified, through my department, what I had heard. Yes, this is truly an amazing radio and, at that point, I bought a second for my personal car! LOL

Shell
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds