Unbelievable Reception
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Unbelievable Reception

Re:Unbelievable Reception 20 Sep 2010 22:58 #307

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Another really nice feature you will find thats great for us news shooters is the record function as it can record the whole call and we don't need to take notes while trying to shoot. And you get the info right off the air. But yes it works well mobile and using the RS mobile antenna works great as does the RS 800mhz antenna.

Re:Unbelievable Reception 23 Sep 2010 13:17 #314

• willybear
  • ( Visitor )
thanks for the great info... as much of our area is using trunking... I suppose that this new rig will go to bat and do the trunking capability needed....???:cheer:

Re:Unbelievable Reception 23 Sep 2010 13:19 #315

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
It does APCO 25 Phase 1, Motorola, EDACS Wide and Narrow and LTR Standard trunking...basically all the flavors you can scan with a "traditional" scanner like the BCD996XT or BCD396XT are covered by HomePatrol-1.

Re:Unbelievable Reception 29 Sep 2010 08:33 #420

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
I'll second that Rich :)
You neve know what you will hear. On VHF High 154.1600 I just heard Michigan City Indiana dispatching a medical emergency. Thats around 137 miles from the tower to my house. I have been listening to them for about an hour now. The reciever is excellent in the HP-1, even on VHF. My 396XT is on the same antenna and not hearing this channel at all.

Re:Unbelievable Reception 01 Oct 2010 23:52 #527

• hutch67
  • ( Visitor )
yes i tryied another antenna while i did get more signals that i could hear the overall quality of the signal went down alot. alot of cracking back ground static .oh wait its doing that with the rubber ducky on certain freq just does it more with ext.
do they sell a 32 ohm speaker or is that another uniden exculsive rip:woohoo:

Re:Unbelievable Reception 02 Oct 2010 00:20 #529

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Do you by chance have the attenuator on? If so turn it off. As for static there could be a number of reasons for that, try a different location, if it gets better the interference is probably something close by, if not it could be trees, buildings or any number of things, even power lines.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds