• Peeves
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Cool. Thanks for replying.

Re: Home Patrol and 18-wheelers 09 Aug 2013 18:57 #12363

• K7TKR
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
This is sort of an update. I replaced my Hp1 ( gave it to friend to play with after it fell off the dash damaging the gps port in the process) and replaced it yesterday with another one from ScannerMaster (btw- thanks guys for the excellent service. Package and I met up on time and at the right place). This time I ordered the windshield mount by Ram Line products as well as the GPS cables. Working great as I roll across Wyoming today. Have the range set for 2 miles and set for circles so, doing okay. I am going to up grade the software asap though.

For those of you that truck, you gotta have this mount or one similar by Ram Line. The mounts on sale at truckstops across the nation are not up to the job nor the specs to handle this scanner. So don't even try it. And one last warning, acquaint yourselves with the state laws before you roll across them. East of the Mississippi several states have regulatory statues limiting who can run a mobile scanner. Be very wary of New York state in particular.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iffy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds