Just broke the antenna on my HP-1
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just broke the antenna on my HP-1

Just broke the antenna on my HP-1 15 Dec 2010 11:52 #3686

• larryc43230
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I've somehow managed to knock my HomePatrol-1 off my desk and break off the antenna that came with the unit. I've jammed things back together, but I have little confidence that the connections are what they should be. And according to the Uniden Web site, replacement antennas won't be available until January at the earliest.

Anyone have a suggestion regarding a replacement antenna I could purchase in the meantime?

Thanks,

--Larry

Re:Just broke the antenna on my HP-1 15 Dec 2010 21:00 #3704

• mciupa
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • RR.com DB Admin
You could give this one a try from Universal : www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanants/2368.html Make sure you order the one with an SMA connection.

You will also need a right angle connector.
Last Edit: 15 Dec 2010 21:01 by mciupa.

Re:Just broke the antenna on my HP-1 15 Dec 2010 21:07 #3705

• larryc43230
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
mciupa wrote:
You could give this one a try from Universal : www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanants/2368.html Make sure you order the one with an SMA connection.

You will also need a right angle connector.

Would you believe Universal is less than 15 miles from where I live? Looks like I need to pay Fred Osterman and crew a visit soon. Thanks much for the suggestion!

--Larry

Re:Just broke the antenna on my HP-1 15 Dec 2010 21:27 #3706

• Freqincrazy
  • ( Visitor )
:( Scanner Master has a Sma antenna with angle adjustment.

www.scannermaster.com/WSMA_889_Tele_Gainer_SMA_Portable_Antenna_p/28-541188.htm

It looks like a good fit. Antenna height is also adjustable. You will not need the "SMA to BNC" adaptor for this to work. Also, a less than two inch SMA antenna at Scanner World looks interesting if your right in the middle of frequency heaven.
Last Edit: 23 Dec 2010 23:01 by .

Re:Just broke the antenna on my HP-1 15 Dec 2010 22:37 #3710

• mydogrusty
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I went to a local radio dealer that offers radio systems in the 800mhz trunked system here in my town and got an 800mhz rubber ducky sma antenna off of them for $20. Then I ordered a sma-2599 which is a right angle brass sma male to sma female adapter from another local company for $8. Works so much better on the 800mhz trunked system and not to shabby on the other frequencies I monitor. You can also find the right angle adapters on ebay for a lot cheaper. I also purchased a mobile mag mount 800mhz antenna with an sma end from the local radio dealer for $60. If I can get all this is Nova Scotia, Canada it should be no problem in most U.S. States.

mydogrusty
Last Edit: 15 Dec 2010 22:50 by mydogrusty.

Re:Just broke the antenna on my HP-1 26 Dec 2010 16:43 #4040

• Bill Vette
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Freqincrazy wrote:
:( Scanner Master has a Sma antenna with angle adjustment.

www.scannermaster.com/WSMA_889_Tele_Gainer_SMA_Portable_Antenna_p/28-541188.htm

It looks like a good fit. Antenna height is also adjustable. You will not need the "SMA to BNC" adaptor for this to work. Also, a less than two inch SMA antenna at Scanner World looks interesting if your right in the middle of frequency heaven.

I just ordered one today from ScanMasters. $26.95 and FREE shipping. I'll let you know how it works. I have a problem with the one that came with the scanner. Don't know why it has a dead spot when adjusting it but it's a pain......
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds