A lot of missing TGID's on MARCS
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: A lot of missing TGID's on MARCS

Re:A lot of missing TGID's on MARCS 08 Sep 2011 12:49 #7361

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
really....they were all coming across on MARCS, not Montgomery County....

Re:A lot of missing TGID's on MARCS 08 Sep 2011 12:51 #7362

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
hmmm, now who's confused here? First you say it's one thing then post them somewhere else... but the fact is I didn't have Montgomery County in the DB, these all came across MARCS....so apparently they are on the system, even if they are simulcast....
Last Edit: 08 Sep 2011 12:59 by John.

Re:A lot of missing TGID's on MARCS 08 Sep 2011 15:45 #7372

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Don't know - I'm on the other side of the state, but those who live there, say it's Monnt. TRS. One I know is a RR Admin and a REAL sw Ohio Guru.

Ohio MARCS does not allow any cross repeating (simulcast).

Looks like they are here on RR.

www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=406

Re:A lot of missing TGID's on MARCS 08 Sep 2011 17:33 #7377

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Don't know wahat to say other than they were on MARCS.......

Re: A lot of missing TGID's on MARCS 13 Feb 2012 00:39 #8985

• finallap
  • ( Visitor )
I too have been getting Missing TGID's on MARCS. I know one of them was coming from ashtubula conty

Re: A lot of missing TGID's on MARCS 13 Feb 2012 04:18 #8986

• BigJimbo
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
John-

I'm new on here and just stumbled across this post tonight.

What you did hear were in fact Montgomery County, Ohio TRS groups. And yes, I know, you were listening to MARCS, not Montgomery County.

I experience a similar anomaly here in Dayton, Ohio, where I live. On my PSR 500 I pickup Montgomery Co. TRS groups as a wildcard hit on MARCS. It happens in a few areas consistently, e.g. Dayton Mall area, I-70/Huber Heights area. I have no clue why this happens, and have spoken to several people that are more advanced than I at scanning and they experience the same issue.

I've never had this happen on my BCD396T in these areas. The only similarity in these areas are that they are high RF environments. There has to be some type of mixing amongst voice channels/control channels or something. Next time through you might make note of exactly where you were when you received all of this.

Only thing I can tell you is.....I know exactly what your speaking of and your not crazy or listening to Montgomery County. If I hear of what has been causing this, I will hop on here and let you know.

Take care,

Jim
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds